Sort and column options with "Go New"

How much can one control the settings of a new lister created by the "Go New" command? I know that one can control whether there is a folder tree or viewer pane, whether it is single or dual, and what directories appear in each pane.

SORT: I tried sorting the new lister by adding a second line with a "SortBy" command, but of course all that did was sort the other lister that was already open. Is there some way to do this?

COLUMNS: Can one control which columns are displayed, and what width they are?

My reason is that my computers have different screen sizes, and I want to be able to configure DOpus on one computer and then "Restore" it onto the other. I therefore want to bypass "Layouts" as far as possible.

I think it's a timing problem. It works when you use dopusrt like this:

Go NEW PATH "D:\MYPATH" DUALPATH "C:\ANOTHER\PATH" dopusrt /cmd Set SORTBY=modified COLUMNS=name(0),modified(1,120),rating(2,80) dopusrt /cmd Set FOCUS=Dest dopusrt /cmd Set SORTBY=modified COLUMNSADD=rating
The numbers in brackets after the columns names specifies the Position (beginning with 0) and width of the column.
Note that specifying the size of columns only works if the auto-size flag is turned off in Folder Options.

Why not use layouts?

You could save separate layouts for each computer and have a "Go New LAYOUT=xyz" command which you modify appropriately on each computer.

Or you could use a single layout, which is different on each computer, and manually replace it after restoring the config. (It's just a file under /dopusdata\Layouts.)

Not timing but context. Commands run normally run in the context of the window that launched them. Running a command via dopusrt makes it take on the context of the active window, which will be the new window in this case.

Thank you very much, Leo and Kundal, for the examples and for such clear explanations about what was going on. The dopusrt command works exactly and precisely as I want it to work, and I am now sorting it all out.

I was using layouts, but I am now trying to replace most of them. The first problem with layouts on two computers is that every time you change the configuration, you have to "restore" the new configuration onto the second computer, and then spend more time adjusting every layout in turn for the different screen size.

I solved that problem by duplicating each layouts, adding a C to each layoutname for one computer and an M to each layoutname for the other, and then using a parameter and an environment variable to select the correct layout. It was all far too clumsy, which was a second problem. It is much cleaner doing all this by the "new" command, and relying just on different default layouts on the two computers to make the listers fit the different screens.

I really like the fact that you can do the same thing in various different ways and then choose the method that best appeals to you.