SourceCodeViewer 2.0 Beta Available ... uses SciTE configs

My site is undergoing changes at the moment ... it will be online soon.

the latest source code viewer (the 2.0 beta) is only working correctly (or even at all) if the Scintilla Editor (with extensions) is installed into C:\Program Files\Scintilla Text Editor

on english or US copies of Windwos this is done automatically and by default

on e.g. a German copy of Windows Scintilla Editor by default is installed to C:\Programme\Scintilla Text Editor; there it is working fine, but the source code viewer does not work at all (does not even find scilexer.dll and if i point it to the dll it never activates source code viewer

BTW: this is a general problem of many english plugins for Directory opus

Cheers,

• Clemens

What did you put in the .XML?

I do not know what top put there and how to do it... read thru the c:\Programme\GPSoftware\Directory OPus\Viewers\Sourcodeviewer.xml
(dated April 2005) but found no place where I could replace the
C:\Program Files\ with C:\Programme\

Instead I created a C:\Program Files\Scintilla Text Editor directory and copied scilexer.dll there; DOPUS then was able to start without a message complaining about not finding scilexer.dll in C:\Program Files\Source Code Viewer but SourceCodeViewer was not triggered for any interesting file in DOPUS

Eventually I helped myself by instructing Scintilla Editor toi install into C:\Program Files instead of the default German C:\PRogramme; then everything was fine.... not the way it was meant to be, but works,,,

If you've installed the SCV version 2 beta then the config file should look like this (after the XML start and comments):

Maybe you're using version 1 of the plugin? If the config file is much bigger than that's probably it.

aha... indeed my scv.xml file was much bigger... was left over from the previous install of scv a.x and apparently read-only so the install procedure of the 2.0 beta did not overwrite it...

removed the file and reinstalled 2.0 beta, changed the "program files" to "Programme" in the now three lines scv.xml and everything is working fine now...

thanks!

• Clemens

This is great,
Took a little work to set up but well worth it thanks.

However i have a small issue.
When i select a .txt file it works however a .config file does not, it tries to load in to the old viewer (this is disabled).
How can i make this work, is there a place i can specify extensions?

Cheers for any help u can give.

I was having trouble viewing CSS and JS files in the SCV plugin - they were always being displayed in the Text Viewer plugin.

After coming across RhinoBanga's post below I decided to check the css.properties file to make sure the file.patterns property was set for CSS files - It wasn't.

Once I had added the following line to the top of the css.properties file and restarted DOpus, I could now view CSS files in the SCV plugin with syntax highlighting :slight_smile:

With JS files, there was no js.properties file, so I guessed that SciTE must be using one of the other properties files for JS. After a bit more digging I found that SciTE appears to use cpp.properties for JS files. As with CSS, there was no "file.patterns.js=*.js" entry. Once I had added this entry to the cpp.properties file and restarted DOpus, I could also view JS files in the SCV plugin.

While the above works and is a quick fix, it does not appear to be the ideal solution since SciTE had no problems displaying CSS or JS files with syntax highlighting, before these changes were made. Because of this, I don't think that checking the file.patterns property is the best way of getting the extensions list.

I don't really understand how the config of SciTE works but would guess that the lexer property would be a better bet, as the following excerpt from the cpp.properties file specifies that multiple file extensions should all use the cpp syntax highlighting:

It would be nice if the SCV plugin could use the same method as SciTE for determining which properties file to use for certain filetypes.

sweet, that worked for me, cheers for replying
Much appreciated

Is there a way to use SCV plugin from a (portable) USB installation of Directory Opus, without adding DLL files to system folders?

Similarly, is it possible to use the configuration files from a (portable) USB version of SciTE (assuming that I have a means of acquiring one), so that SciTE does not have to be installed locally on the system?

Would this be particularly easier to achieve with the current stable version or with the beta version?

Thanks!

I found an installer bug causing it not to work on my system. Installer does not work if Directory Opus is not installed in "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus".

The installer will put the SourceCodeViewer.xml file in the C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Viewers folder even if you have picked another another folder in the installer.

Anyone know why my Line-End-Characters are not set properly in SCV?

If I edit files, they have extra characters appended to each line so that my lines are terminated with . This makes the editing feature kind of useless.