Speed of viewing Word/PDF files

Hi Leo and Michael,
Thanks for continuing the exploration of this issue. I didn't have time to explore further, so just have Word open when using Opus to avoid the viewing delay. After your last post, I downloaded the new Multiviewer, but it made little if any difference. However, I find myself using Powerdesk most of the time because of these issues with DOpus - I hope you can fix them sometime soon!
Cheers, Brian

If opening Word makes a difference to the delay then you must be using ActiveX and not MultiView.

See also my 7th July reply above.

Brian:

Go into the plugin preferences (Settings / Preferences / Plugins / Viewers) and turn off the ActiveX viewer.

Then make sure you have installed the new multiview plugin and restarted Opus.

Then try it.

Yes, I'm using ActiveX most of the time, except when I test Multiview!

I doesn't look like you've got the MultiView plugin working unless something has changed since you posted the screenshot showing a hex view for Excel files.

Go into Preferences and turn off the ActiveX plugin, then make sure the MultiView plugin is turned on. Also, ensure the MultiView plugin has found the required 3rd party viewer DLLs by selecting it and clicking Configure.

To clarify further, you should see something like this when you configure MultiView:

If it says Viewer DLLs could not be located then you need to click Locate and point it at the "Filter" DLLs which came with PowerDesk, X1, Yahoo Search or whatever.

OK, so Multiview was not installed correctly -- thanks Jon for your jog to check this. After installing, restarting Dopus, and configuring Multiview, it worked very well -- opening all types of files instantaneously!!

However, everytime I open DOpus after it has been closed, it shows the files in Hex, and I have to go into the configure menu for Multiview and then close it. I don't have to actually go in and change anything, but the mimimum I have to do is open the configure menu then close it. Once I have done that, all files show properly and FAST!

What could be causing this weird behavior? It continued after a re-boot of my computer as well.

Brian

I have been meaning to create a list of the places where these DLLs live. I use QuickView Plus, as in your example.

A quick browse suggests that PowerDesk hides them somewhere. DOpus MultiView does not detect them in the obvious places, the PowerDesk folders in Programs"

In X1 they are here:

C:\Program Files\X1\Stellent\Filters

Open the MultiView config window, make sure it has the DLLs located, then click OK.

Now type this into the location field in Opus:

/dopusdata/ConfigFiles/Plugins

There should be a file called multiview.oxc whose contents look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <multiview> <viewer_path>C:\Program Files\X1\Filters</viewer_path> </multiview>

Do you have the file? Is the viewer_path part correct?

Leo, that all looks correct!