SSL error with version 10.0.2.0

Here is a preliminary fix for those who wish to try it:

< Links removed; the fix is now part of Opus 10.0.2.1 >

(The EXE files inside are digitally signed, for those who wish to verify them.)

This is hot off the compiler and only tested on my own machine. It's up to you if you want to try the fix now or wait for the dust to settle.

To install:

[ul][li]Make sure you already have Opus 10.0.2.0 installed.

(The fix will only work if applied on top of 10.0.2.0, which is currently the latest version.)

[/li]
[li]Download the appropriate zip and extract it to somewhere (e.g. your desktop).

(Each zip contains a new dopus.exe file and nothing else.)

[/li]
[li]Exit Directory Opus.

[/li]
[li]Using Windows Explorer (or anything other than Opus itself), copy the replacement dopus.exe that came from the zip over the top of your your existing copy, which will usually be in C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus.

(If the file is in use and cannot be overwritten, you probably didn't exit Opus properly, or you did something that caused it to start up again.)

[/li]
[li]Start Opus again.[/li][/ul]

Please let us know if it solves the problem for you.

I found a problem with the fix from earlier and have replaced it with a new version, linked above. (Make sure the zip you download has "TestB" in the name, not "TestA".)

I can confirm that "TestB" (I didn't try TestA) seems to work on TLS ftp.

Excellent!

Are you able to reveal the nature of the issue?
Also would you consider this "stable" enough for use, I should we roll back to 10.0.1.x again?

Thanks,

Adrian.

[quote="agwd"]I can confirm that "TestB" (I didn't try TestA) seems to work on TLS ftp.

Excellent![/quote]

Great! Thanks for testing & confirming it.

There was a bug to do with how multiple concurrent SSL/TLS connections were handled.

The changes are quite isolated and so should carry a low risk, but it is also untested code (apart from the testing we're doing now!) and could bring with it unexpected problems.

I think using it should be fine, and I am using it now myself, but I guess it really depends whether or not the 10.0.1.0 -> 10.0.2.0 changes are important to you.

Yes, it is working for me now, thank you. I noticed every time you view something in the viewer pane it has to create a new connection rather than using the same connection from the lister layout. Is there a way around this so it does not always need to establish a new connection?

Not thay I know of. I don't know if that is how it has always been or not, since I don't use SSL/TLS sites or the viewer on FTP much myself, but I'll mention it to Greg and Jon.

Hi Leo,

It's working here on the XP x32 machine so far. Will test it further tomorrow. Will also download the x64 version tonight and test it on my Win7 machine and let you know how that goes.

Thanks!

Hello again Leo,

It is working well here on Win7 x64 as well :slight_smile: