Statusbar to display total duration of selected audio files

Hi,
as the title implies, I would like to be able to have the status bar calculate the sum of all my selected audio files duration, as it appears in the file list column.
Basically what it does with file sizes, to do with audio duration.
What code would I have to paste in the SB definition?

Also, why does D.O. show duration of mp3 files but not wav or m4a?

thanks

Some examples of how to do that are in the Status Bar Codes thread.

Or just select the relevant thing from the menu in Preferences which contains all of the things you can put in the status bar.

Because nobody has written code to do so. :slight_smile: Actually, I have just written code to do m4a but it's not ready for release yet.

I didn't realise Opus didn't do WAV duration, actually. I'll add that to the same plugin I've been working on.

OK, I copied the nudel bar pasted in the SB area, it does not show duration like in your example.
Restarded Opus and nothing again..
Also tried the newer single and dual ones, but none will calculate the duration..

[quote="leo"]
Or just select the relevant thing from the menu in Preferences which contains all of the things you can put in the status bar.[/quote]
Can you elaborate on that 'cause I didn't get it? lol...

[quote="leo"]

Because nobody has written code to do so. :slight_smile: Actually, I have just written code to do m4a but it's not ready for release yet.

I didn't realise Opus didn't do WAV duration, actually. I'll add that to the same plugin I've been working on.[/quote]
Can you add support for aif and mov files too? :slight_smile:

Are you using Opus 9.1.1.8? If not then the duration won't appear in the status bar unless you have one of the MP3 columns in the file display. That was fixed in 9.1.1.8, though.

Are you looking at a folder with files that Opus reports the duration of? The total duration will only appear if it's non-zero.

Click the Codes button in Preferences - Display - Status Bar. It gives you a menu of all the fields.

Maybe... :slight_smile:

[quote="leo"]
Are you using Opus 9.1.1.8? [/quote] no, 9.1.1.5

[quote="leo"]
Are you looking at a folder with files that Opus reports the duration of? The total duration will only appear if it's non-zero.[/quote]yep.
here is a screengrab:

yeah.. a maze of options, i got lost there..

Please upgrade to 9.1.1.8 and show us exactly what you're put in the status bar.

OK, my bad...
I hadn't noticed that in the prefs there are two separate status bar entries. and carried away from the nudelbar txt that has them all in one and I pasted it all in the first, status bar entry (single) no wonder it wouldn't work.
i now pasted them correctly, and it does show durations... thanks again.