Stop playing media in preview pane after launching a file

I have enabled autoplay of media (e.g. mp4, etc) in the preview pane, which uses something looking like Windows Media Player to play the file ( Viewer pane: Turn off auto-play for video and audio ) .

This is the behavior I desire, and is especially perfect when I'm skimming multiple files. However after I launch that file (via double-click or enter), the preview keeps playing, and I have to go back and stop it.

Also, even in cases where I double-click a file expecting it to open in my PC's media player (and not expecting or needing the preview in Opus), I'll be surprised by a weird echo, as the autoplay continues in the background.

It would be great if the preview could stop on launching the file. It seems like DO would know all the user's action to trigger that behavior, but of course I have no idea how technically complicated it would be to implement on your end.

That makes sense, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement it reliably. Particularly with the case where the file wasn't already selected and loaded into the viewer. The first click would start it loading into the viewer, then the second (double) click would open it, potentially before the viewer had finished and was ready to be told to stop...

Not impossible, but not trivial either.

Opus 13 has a new video/audio player, and something we could do fairly easily in that is make double-clicks on the viewer (which already open the file by default) also pause the file before opening it. But that would only affect files opened via that method.

well certainly that would incentivize my upgrade to Opus 13 :laughing:which I will have to patiently await.

and while the latter case is potentially a good workaround, and while obviously I know nothing of the internals, if the behavior I described (pausing after launching from the file listing) is possible/reasonable, that would be ideal (would work with keyboard, would still be in the same "context", etc).