Suggestion: code, that REALLY unhides everything!

I´m getting frustrated with this one. Using

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle INVERT GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN=Toggle INVERT globalhidefilter=toggle INVERT

there are 4 files remaining hidden, showing a big fat red "4" in the status bar. No use turning on or off the available option, or
"show hidden system items", nope. In order to see my "incomplete" folder for utorrent, i actually have to fire up good old explorer to
get access to those drives. I don´t get it. Why can´t we just have a command, that really shows everything that´s hidden?

What files are they and how were they hidden in the first place?
And you only need to use the INVERT flag once btw.

To hide items i use "SetAttr TOGGLEATTR=h", which seems like sometimes working, but sometimes not.
(this time on the "incomplete" folder of utorrent)

I remember a similar posting of mine, where for some forgotten reason there was a special hide attribute set for
a folder (i don´ t remember it, but i must have set i sometime), so, no wonder it wouldn´t show me the hidden stuff.
So therefore i´d suggest to make a "force" parameter which is able to override everything else.

& thx for the tip with the INVERT flag, i will correct that.

However you hid the items, you do the reverse to unhide them. There are no commands in Opus that only hide without being able to unhide.

Yes, sure. The only problem is, that i would have to select the hidden items first, before i can do the reverse action on them,
but that´s a bit of a problem, because they´re hidden, right? :smiley: I´d apply for the "power-show-all" command.

The only command that hides items because they're selected is Select NOPATTERN HIDESEL, and the reverse of that is Select NOPATTERN SHOWHIDDEN.

Thx, Jon, those commands are completely new land to me, but i will try to change them like that & see, if that solves the problem. The functions of Opus are
actually a science. :wink: :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you haven't tried the button on the default toolbar that clears all filters.

No. I think, that´s exactly the command, from where i´ve copied it. But i can´t find it now, to recheck! Because i´ve tried
all three presets, "location", "menu" or "operations", but the "hide" menu just isn´t there!

Ok, i´ve found it. Seems to be "Set GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN=Toggle INVERT" alone, for the non-system part at least. Sorry, but for me, using that
menu, which is surely very helpful for novices, it´s like once of a sudden using ZYX-Plorer, but not the Opus i know for several years :smiley:

But still i don´t understand, why it goes wrong, because my code does quite the same, except also using the system file toggle, to be thoroug.
Maybe the third toggle was wrong (globalhidefilter=toggle INVERT)?

You don't have to use the default menus, but if you're not going to then you should stop asking for things to be added to them without knowing whether or not they are already in them. :slight_smile:

Well, sorry, but if i use exactly same the command, which is in that button, PLUS one command to show system hidden files, in case it´s otherwise hidden.
Then, why doesn´t it show all hidden items? I think it´s to granular. There should be a command to show ALL items, regardless, whether i remember how or where i hid them,
but it seems like i frequently run into some hidden files, that force me to revert to Windoes Explorer. It´s too complicated.

My command:

Set HIDESYSTEMFILES=Toggle INVERT GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN=Toggle INVERT globalhidefilter=toggle INVERT

button command:

Set GLOBALHIDEHIDDEN=Toggle INVERT"

That isn't the button I'm talking about, FWIW.

As Jon said above, INVERT should only be used once. I don't know if that will make your button do what you want, but that would be the first thing I tried.

If it still doesn't work, it may be because you're toggling three things, and one or two of them may be OFF while the other is ON, so toggling all three results in some of them still being on, and maybe the files in question are being hidden by more than one type of filter.

It's difficult to say exactly as you haven't worked out why the thing is being hidden and haven't told us any details about it whatsoever.

Not? Well, i want to try out Jon´s suggestion, anyway, it looks promising.

[quote]As Jon said above, INVERT should only be used once. I don't know if that will make your button do what you want, but that would be the first thing I tried.
If it still doesn't work, it may be because you're toggling three things, and one or two of them may be OFF while the other is ON, so toggling all three results in some of them still being on, and maybe the files in question are being hidden by more than one type of filter.[/quote]

Yes, that´s what i suspected already, after Jon mentioned to use only one TOGGLE. The triple TOGGLE could be the culprit.

Well, the "why" is quite clear: i used SetAttr TOGGLEATTR=h on the items in question, files & folders. Also, there are a few folders
having the "+h" option in the folder options, which i must have set a time ago & forgot them. Thank you both, Leo & Jon, i will try out the other variant or
remove the two excessive toggles.

One INVERT not one TOGGLE. The details matter. :slight_smile:

Yes, removing the TOGGLEs didn´t bring the desired result. I will retry.

Not? Well, i want to try out Jon´s suggestion, anyway, it looks promising.[/quote]
...I'd have thought that the default button would clear any folder formats/options based filter. Although it's named a bit curiously, I assume he means the 'Clear Local Name Filters' button which runs the commands:

Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME="" Set HIDEFILTERFILENAME="" Set SHOWFILTERFOLDERS="" Set HIDEFILTERFOLDERS="" Set HIDEFILTERATTR="" Set SHOWFILTERATTR="" Set QUICKFILTERCLEAR Select NOPATTERN SHOWHIDDEN
...which, if it "works" - why does it matter if it's actually a single command vs ten commands? I could only imagine maybe adding some of the global filter commands to the default in order to have something that truly un-hides "everything".

Thanks, steje. I will set this aup as the "second line" force all visible command, in case of some stubbornly hidden
files. As i mentioned, it once again happened because of some "-h" saved in the folder options, which i must have
set a time ago & forget them. :thumbsup:

Edit: the code works as expected, cool. It removes the -h in the folder options. :sunglasses: