Suggestion: File Viewer enhancements

The file viewer would be much more useful if:

[1] I could enable line numbers

[2] It could do syntax coloring based on file suffix (ex: .json file)

[3] I could edit in place

For all its worth the above list is in order of importance (at least for me).

-Regards and thanks for the best product
David

+1

There once was a plugin, it was maintained by a single person not responding in regular intervals.
It had some minor issues, but the syntax highlighting worked quite ok, line numbering was available as well.
Editing was not.

I did a little installer script as well, to help the plugin find more adoption, read this:

Unfortunately the project seems dead (again) and no source code was ever published to keep it going. o(

Seems like this type of plug-in should be supplied, enhanced, and maintain by the good DOpus folks directly.

A plug-in made by DOpus I would trust (from a security aspect), a third party plug-in by an unknown - well, that's a different story altogether

-David

Yep, I tend to agree, although I do not distrust the author of that plugin, I don't have reasons to and it's too late anyway, in times where there is a builtin backdoor and gov provided spyware on every computer/os by default. o)

But it's still sad that the source code of the plugin has not been published, so anyone with passion and skills could enhance on it.

I also wondered why the VIPs did not jump in and push this plugin harder, it would have solved a lot of questions and would be useful every minute (I am a developer myself, unfortunately the C++ skills are not developed o).

I provided lots of answers and guidance in that thread, and offered free licences if needed to test/develop things. :confused: At the end of the day, it didn't get completed and I guess the author got distracted by other projects or life events.

Yes sorry! o)

Now that you mention it, I remember the license offer and answers about handling the "usb export" situation. Thank you. o) But I also remember trying to reach out to gdobin multiple times and no one really kicking in and working on some kind of response-request or helping in trying to convince gdobin to upload some sources or something. My single voice wasn't strong enough to encourage him it seems. Sure, this is under the assumption he did not encounter serious distractions as you say - anyway, we wish him all the best.

Maybe at some point he returns and finishes his rough diamond, who knows! o) It's not that I don't have unfinished projects out there or for my personal use, which would take much more work to be released and useful for others. So I leave this thread with sigh and a low voice. o)