Suggestion: playlist viewer plugin for m3u

Maybe this would be interesting for plugin programmers. We already can use the preview window, to view playlist contents, but there's also
a lot of distracting stuff, like "#EXTINF:5" in m3u files, as well as the path und the header at the top, saying "#EXTM3U".

The plain titles only, with their track numbers, would be fine, ideally with some alternating background colors (two shades of grey).

[quote="abr"]Maybe this would be interesting for plugin programmers. We already can use the preview window, to view playlist contents, but there's also
a lot of distracting stuff, like "#EXTINF:5" in m3u files, as well as the path und the header at the top, saying "#EXTM3U".

The plain titles only, with their track numbers, would be fine, ideally with some alternating background colors (two shades of grey).[/quote]
Sounds reasonable to me but in my case, all m3u files, which I create using Opus, are simply text files with a list of filenames.

How are yours created in the first place?

I had a lot of .kpl files, which are from KMPlayer, und had them all converted using Foobar, which i was switching to. Anyway, i had
something better looking in mind, instead of that simple text font, which is used now. Bigger fonts, maybe in Arial, plus alternating
background for better readability. The idea is, that i have gathered plenty of those playlists, & want to have an overview when i
browse them, instead of having them to load into the player first. Anyway, thanks for the hint.

I've seen both formats for m3u (the plain list and the fancier metadata one as above with track length in seconds, title, etc). I use mp3tag for tagging mp3 and flac files and it produces the metadata format.

I generate my own playlists by tagging album folders with a suffix e.g. [NEW] then use a dos script to create a list of folders in a file that can be drag and dropped into mp3tag and then it finds all the music tracks and then can be saved as a playlist. Album folders can have multiple tags.

A way to view playlist files of whatever format in a consistent way would be jolly useful.