Suggestions when coming from QTTabBar

Hi,
I've been a user of QTTabBar for a while and decided to give Directory Opus a try. I spent a good amount of time going through all the options and I'm pretty impressed, but there are some things missing that stop me from trying to move over. Thought I'd let ya'll know so I can keep a watch for them on future versions.

1. After closing multiple tabs, you can unclose only 1 of them.
  2. Ability to have multiple rows of tabs.
  3. Mouse events. The following is the mouse event dialog from QTTabBar including combinations of ctrl, alt, and shift. I opened the dropdown in one of the very last items in the config window to show all the different commands, but you probably already support all of those. There are just a number of mouse events I use a lot that are not possible in Directory Opus.

And then there are a few other features I wanted to suggest, some of which would help the above events.

1. Cannot use tab key for hotkeys (I use ctrl+tab to shift between tabs)
  2. There is only regular expressions for filter. Not for select, find, or search.
  3. The OnTabClick event does not catch normal clicks, or clicks with just shift key.
  4. The OnDoubleClick would be nice if it also supported normal clicks.

Overall though, am still pretty impressed by your software. Thanks for putting the time into it.

General note:

Seems to work fine here:

If your issue was that typing the Tab key into the hotkey field tabbed you to the next field, you can use the menu on the right of the field to insert special keys like Tab and Enter. (Hold Ctrl and click the menu item if you want Ctrl + Tab.) See also: Using the Hotkey Control.

• Select: Edit > Select By Pattern > Advanced allows you to use regular expressions.

For use in buttons, the Select command has a REGEXP argument as well:
    e.g. Select .*\.jpg REGEXP

• Find: The Find > Advanced tab is similar and allows regular expressions.

• Search: What Windows Search supports is up to it. We just pass the query over to it.

Clicking tabs with shift triggers the event fine here, using a simple test script:

// Called by Directory Opus to initialize the script
function OnInit(initData)
{
	initData.name = "test";
	initData.version = "1.0";
	initData.copyright = "(c) 2020 Leo Davidson";
	initData.desc = "";
	initData.default_enable = true;
	initData.min_version = "12.0";
}

// Called when a tab is clicked with a qualifier key held down
function OnTabClick(tabClickData)
{
	DOpus.Output("Clicked");
}

Re clicking with no qualifiers, that's intentional, and documented in the manual. OnTabClick exists is to let you add new, custom actions when holding qualifiers, but not to replace the basic/default action of changing tabs when a tab is clicked with nothing held down.

What are you aiming to do where replacing that action would make sense without anything held down?

If you want an event which happens when the active tab is changed, use OnActivateTab instead.

The issue there is mainly performance. Running scripts is quite slow, and running a script every time the file selection changed could really slow things down.

I really appreciate the response. Thanks. Apologies about putting everything into one topic.

Regarding the shift w/ OnTabClick, you are correct, it does work in general. My problem was that it wasn't working on the currently selected tab when the "Folder Tabs > Options > Click selected tab:" was set to "Rename tab".

"What are you aiming to do where replacing that action would make sense without anything held down?" I was hoping to add a hack to catch a double click so I could assign it to a different action. Honestly, I think the tab double click is really the only action I'm really missing.