SVG file preview fails to show all text, and fit to page and fit to width also fail

I have activated the file preview pane, but...if I select an svg file, the file preview fails to show all text, and also fails fit to page or fit to width. Windows native explorer with the svg viewer addin installed does a far superior job and shows files accurately.

Presumably you're talking about the Microsoft PowerToys SVG add-in?

Opus can use the same preview component as File Explorer (and it normally does by default).

Please try going to Settings / Preferences / Viewer / Plugins and click the ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web item in the list. Then click Configure.

In the window that opens, check that Svg is listed under Preview Handlers, and that it's turned on and has the file extension .svg assigned to it.

You may need to turn it on or assign the .svg extension to it manually if it's not already.

In the preview pane you can check that the Svg add-in component is being used by seeing what is said in the title bar:

If the preview component isn't being used, it will most probably say Internet Explorer:

Unable to follow these instructions! svg is NOT listed under Preview handlers, and Add is greyed out. Now what?

Can you confirm it's the PowerToys Svg handler you're using?

What viewer is Opus using in the preview pane?

I had another svg viewer (not Powertoys) installed. I have now installed Powertoys, and svg is now listed under preview handlers. Preview pane is now WORSE. Same incomplete preview (missing text), but now NO Preview pane zoom controls work at all.

You need to understand that Opus does not provide the viewer, it simply hosts it. If you use the same viewer in both Opus and Explorer the behaviour will be the same - at the moment you are not.

If you'll tell us which viewer you're using we can try and work out why it's not working in Opus.

As I said, I've installed two viewers to no avail. There is still the issue with the zoom.icons not working. Refund time.

Given that Opus doesn't ship with an SVG viewer, we make no promises of an SVG viewer, and as we've explained to you already we have a clearly-stated policy of no refunds after purchase, please allow me to say "good luck with that" :grinning:

Happy to help you try to get it working if you change your mind.

2 Likes