Switching Toolbars Causes "Program Not Responding"

Not to be pedantic, but it's not Opus that was affected but the speed of extracting icons from executable files. How many other programs do you have that do that?

Glad you've got it sorted though. You should consider reporting this to Microsoft since they're the ones who caused it :slight_smile:

Not to be pedantic, but it's not Opus that was affected but the speed of extracting icons from executable files. How many other programs do you have that do that?

Glad you've got it sorted though. You should consider reporting this to Microsoft since they're the ones who caused it :slight_smile:[/quote]

But of course, I understand completely what you are saying. My comment was meant to convey the concept that, in reality, Opus WAS affected, exactly because of the reason you stated. It is the only program I have that extracts icons from many .exe files at once. That was my intent when I made the comment. I do not place blame with Opus whatsoever!! I fully realize that Windows Defender is causing this problem, as of the last couple of weeks when it got updated. I was more trying to say that I still get the same fast speed and performance from all other programs, even my email client, which does download and process many emails at once, and it still works as fast as ever. It was only Opus that took a hit from the new Defender update.

But I will say again, could I be the only Opus user that has been affected this way? If so, it's a strange situation, but one I can live with. I have installed Bitdefender 2015, and it has no effect on the speed of Opus. It allows Opus to go out and get those .exe icons without any slowdown at all. And it has a small footprint, of only 14MB of RAM when running, so all things said and done, the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

In closing, I was one step ahead of you, for once.. :slight_smile: Already made a report to MS, and on my laptop which is running the Windows 10 TP, I put in feedback regarding the update of Windows Defender, because the same thing was happening on that OS also because it got the same update.

All is well and I'm going for Turkey leftovers now. You and yours take care, and the support was excellent!!

[quote="Oblias2"]
But I will say again, could I be the only Opus user that has been affected this way? [/quote]

Could you be the only Opus user who has those kinds of toolbars (and runs Windows 8.x)?

[quote="rcoleman1943"][quote="Oblias2"]
But I will say again, could I be the only Opus user that has been affected this way? [/quote]

Could you be the only Opus user who has those kinds of toolbars (and runs Windows 8.x)?[/quote]

From the crowd of possibly thousands of users that take advantage of the superior performance of Opus, well, yes, I could be the only one who uses Opus in this way.

You have now made me feel special, and for that, I thank you profusely!! :sunglasses:

Oblias2