Symbolic links

I am using dopus to browse a unix server via SSH, however the file listing doesn't recognise symbolic links. Is there a way to get this to work, or is it going to be fixed in a future release?

Currently I am storing some frequently used directories as favourites which works ok.

There are a couple of FTP options related to links in Preferences which might be worth trying out. They're on the Display tab of the FTP site-list editor.

If they don't help then your best bet is to contact GPSoftware directly. There are so many different servers out there all with their quirks that sometimes a new one is found that confuses Opus but Greg can usually fix the problem (especially if there's a way for him to access the site or a similar one). He's done it for me in the past in order to work around the brain-dead FTP server that one of my shell accounts used to use.

Just to confirm, I use a couple of SSH sites with symbolic links to folders and they work fine for me. In preferences I have chosen Treat unknown links as: folders.

[quote="nudel"]
Just to confirm, I use a couple of SSH sites with symbolic links to folders and they work fine for me. In preferences I have chosen Treat unknown links as: folders.[/quote]

I had the exact same problem as streetdaddy (links looked like files rather than folders), and nudel's suggestion did the trick. Thanks!
Tim