Sync Anomaly

I have a saved dual pane layout with My Documents structure on the left, a backup target of the same structure on the right, and the synchronise panel open with navigation lock on. The source structure is large (~7500 documents). Here is the layout immediately after opening.

When I click Compare, the process takes quite a long time (~30 secs) and the result is as shown below.

I know this to be complete nonsense, so I click Compare a 2nd time. The operation is quick (< 5 secs) and the result is as expected.

This is always repeatable. I have observed that if I navigate up or down the source structure hierarchy before clicking Compare, the operation works correctly - i.e. no changes detected. It's just My Documents structure that does this. Other similar saved layouts with the synchronise panel open and navigation lock on, work perfectly.

Regards, AB

Is E: an external drive that hasn't spun up yet, or something like that? (grasping at straws...)

No, E: is an internal (2nd) drive. Other layout based sync operations involving a C:\ structure as source and E:\ structure as target work as expected.

Regards, AB

Just looking at your screenshot - the dates shown in C: are actually different to those in E:.

Those are just the folder creation dates. The files contained in the folders are identical. I performed a sync earlier today, which is why the expected result is "no changes detected".

Regards, AB

This is still bugging me, numerous Opus updates down the track, so I did some more digging today. Relevant facts are:

[ol][li]The source My Documents structure is large (~14GB) with many folders and 20K+ files.[/li][li]The target structure exists and is almost identical to the source except for a few recently added/changed files and folders.[/li][li]It makes no difference if the target is on a local drive or an external (USB) drive.[/li][li]It also happens with a vanilla Opus configuration.[/li][li]Opus 64-bit v10.5.0.0.[/li][/ol]
Findings are:

[ol][li]The compare only misbehaves if my saved layout includes Navlock ON.[/li][li]When Navlock is ON, it happens repeatably but only if I open the saved layout and click Compare without touching the target pane.[/li][li]If I do anything that touches the target pane (e.g. click target then click back on source) then the compare behaves normally.[/li][li]When the problem happens, the "Reading contents of sub-folders..." pop up appears on the source pane and not on the target pane, otherwise it appears on both panes (or sometimes on neither pane).[/li][/ol]
I have only seen this happen with My Documents but that may not be relevant. Anyway, the additional information might provide a clue as to what is going on.

Regards, AB

Looks like we will have a solution for this in the next update.

I dont know if this is the right post, but I have a similar problem with the speed (and only with the speed) comparing two directories.
A comparison (not copying the files!) takes more then 10/15 min. - every other software take 2 or less min. for the same job.

The source structure is large (~50GB) with many folders and 20K+ files.
The target structure exists and is almost identical to the source except for a few recently added/changed files and folders.
It makes no difference if the target is on a local drive or an external (USB) drive.
Opus 64-bit v10.5.0.0. (4.7.7.9)

Maybe this helps: