Sync presets are broken since ~13.4

Tested with 13.4.2, issue since around 13.4 or possibly later 13.3 betas?

Saved listers with sync presets (so handy!) - are currently broken - is consistently reporting no changes when there definitely are changes.

Happens with two saved sync presets.

The counts at the bottom of the folder show differences, though...

If I open a new lister and set it up all manually, the same sync then works as expected.

Sync presets just configure the panel, the actual operation is exactly the same - so can you see any difference between the preset and how you're configuring it manually?

I can't detect anything different

However further testing is showing it seems to be an issue when dealing with sub-folders. And I've made it not work with a non-saved one as well now. It was just my testing started there, it didn't work, so I set one up manually, and then it did...but that's not the root cause it seems.

If I narrow the sync, by going in to the sub-folder with change, on both sides, & running 'Compare' it then works (saved sync or not), with all other settings the same.

I do have 'Sync sub-folder contents' ticked (in both cases).

Without more information about how you've configured the panel and the folders involved it's hard to know what to suggest.

You can turn on Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: [Troubleshooting] sync_debug if you like, that will write a log file on your desktop showing all the comparisons and the results. Might shed some light on what's going on.

Ok that's helpful
Here's one it should be syncing, and was until recently when this was run:

Source file: Jamy Master Lightroom-v13.lrcat (path: D:\Lightroom Catalogues\Jamy Master Library)
Skipped path

I see no reason it should be skipping the path, and it certainly didn't in the fairly recent past...

The filter is very basic:

Is there an entry earlier in the log for this path (or a parent)? Should either say "Skipped path (special folder)" or "Skipped path (attributes)".

Source file: Jamy Master Library (path: D:\Lightroom Catalogues)
Skipped due to filters

...but the filter shouldn't skip it right, being a folder and sub-folders included...?

Yes there does seem to be a problem here. We'll have a fix in the next beta which should be out in a day or two.

3 Likes

Very quick test of the new beta - not fixed as far as I can tell.

Have to head in to work, but can look into it more tonight. But first test found no changes as with the previous beta, and there are definitely changes...

Apologies, it was a setting left over from all the testing. When starting from the preset directly, all is working again, many thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about the issue!