System Wide Hotkey

Hi guys,

I want to create a system-wide hotkey to enter a text string, for example my email address which I get fed up of typing into certain form fields on the web.

It's just the syntax I need, I can handle the rest.

Regards

Roly

Opus can't type things for you but it could put the text into the clipboard (Clipboard SET ).

If you want auto-typing there are several clipboard history tools which also do that. The Keepass password manager can also do it.

Thanks Leo, the Clipboard method will do fine :slight_smile:

Can this be done using an external application instead...? I've heard people talk about AutoHotKey but from what I've read I can't see any mention of text string input. Any suggestions...?

Yes. Many of the clipboard history programs can do it, as can the password-storage programs such as Keepass.

AutoHotkey / AutoIT can send keypresses as well.

[quote="leo"]Yes. Many of the clipboard history programs can do it, as can the password-storage programs such as Keepass.

AutoHotkey / AutoIT can send keypresses as well.[/quote]

Ah, didn't realise Keypass could do that as well, I'll take a look at it. Cheers Leo.

You might want to look at ActiveWords activewords.com/ .

TRY TEXTER it was written in AHK and is free and endorsed by lifehacker.com works a treat!

here is the uncompiled script
texter.ahk.txt (16 KB)

More info on Texter here (since I looked it up anyway I figured I'd paste the URL).

Also has links to the compiled & uncompiled code, in case you come to this thread at a later date. (The code attached above is version 0.6 which is the latest now, but might not be forever.)

[quote="blueroly"]Hi guys,

I want to create a system-wide hotkey to enter a text string, for example my email address which I get fed up of typing into certain form fields on the web.

It's just the syntax I need, I can handle the rest.

Regards

Roly[/quote]

PhraseExpress is highly recommended.