Tabs how to?

How can I turn off tabs, if you can. Or
I wouldn't mind them if they didn't open multi tabs for the same view. for example if I have a tab with C: and one with D: and I press the C: drive button I don't want it to make another C: tab but open and refresh the current c: tab. The way it is now I end up with so many tabs it's just a mess and of no use.

Thanks

Agree,

If a location is already open as a tab then opening it again (from folder tree or favorites or whatever) should just give focus to the currently open tab rather than allowing you to open the same location over and over again. (it is very easy to end up with multiple tabs for the same location).

Would also be in favour of having a user definable limit to the number of tabs and being allowed to set a generic tab (which picks up all locations not already open as tabs) - essentially so you can have a set number of common locations open as tabs and then one final tab for all other locations.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Phat

If you have a command with NEWTAB in it just change it to NEWTAB=findexisting to prevent it from opening a duplicate tab if one already exists.

Also, if you don't want to see tabs at all just set the appropriate options in Prefs - Listers - Folder Tabs so the tabs are hidden when not needed (i.e. when there is only one). Tabs never open except when you ask for them to (or by setting Opus to open new folders in new tabs) so they will effectively be "off" if you don't want them.

[quote="nudel"]If you have a command with NEWTAB in it just change it to NEWTAB=findexisting to prevent it from opening a duplicate tab if one already exists.

Also, if you don't want to see tabs at all just set the appropriate options in Prefs - Listers - Folder Tabs so the tabs are hidden when not needed (i.e. when there is only one). Tabs never open except when you ask for them to (or by setting Opus to open new folders in new tabs) so they will effectively be "off" if you don't want them.[/quote]

I don't use a button other than the drive button.
I have a tab group with all my drives that open by default b=so opening new tabs is a waste.

AHHH That sounds like what I was looking for.

Thanks

actually I have them set to open "only we needed" but they still open.
It's really strange though. ONLY the C: drive opens a tab and when it does it opens two (only on the first open). If I select another drive it will open in the last active tab (the second one in this case) but if I select C: again it will open in new tab. So only C: drive is opening tabs.

What command is behind your list of drive buttons?

Just this

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=fixed,multifunc,multifunctabs

OHHHHHHH! Multifunctabs!?!?!?

Lets see what happens when I remove that.

Super that's it! So what does that do? I don't have my manual here and I don't have help files on the usb.

The manual is also available as a web page. Here's the section on the Go command:

gpsoft.com.au/manual9/NetHel ... ommand.htm

Can this work with the drive buttons with multifunctabs command? The drives open in lots of tabs even though they already exist!