Tagging .PNG files with tags that allow searchable parameters

I posted something about a year ago. I do digital scrapbooking and thus have hundreds of thousands of .png files and .jpg files. You can put something in the file name to make it searchable, but you cannot add a tag to the png file to have any type of searches work on it.

For example, say you want to put multiple tags on one file, such as flower, pink, wedding, valentine

To be able to put any of those 'tags' in the search criteria and have it pull up all the files (.png or .jpg) with said tags, so you can choose something to put into your project.

NOPE NOTHING so far, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this work for .png files. The only work-around, which is a sucky work around is to put the tags in the file name, but that makes for a long ass file name and it's not practical. So COME ON!! Any OPUS wizards out there have a solution to this conundrum??? Work arounds are welcome too, but error on the practical side.

Thanks for you help!!

• Mika

tags: .png files, scrapbooking, tags, tag files, graphic files, .jpg files, searchable tags

Go here to see the example:

Searched on pink, no joy...https://www.flickr.com/gp/156244002@N02/4U18FA

If you use the search field at the top right, what you type is passed to Windows Search, which may not know how to find the tags.

Use Tools -> Find Files for Opus's own find tool, which does not use Windows Search. On the Advanced tab in there, you can add criteria to search based on the same tags set in the metadata editor.

Thanks for all your help Leo!! I really appreciate the tip, I can at least make it work now. The advanced file search for tags is a little cumbersome, so if I can provide a customer input, I would like to have that as a default search type, i.e., Find files based on tag, at least in the Simple section, not the advanced. Please put this in version 13 if possible. See below for example:

![Metadata-tag-Search|690x241](upload://dC7HwCHjhMzCOTlgC6SGIOLfbXP.JPG)