Taskbar

The new version installed and now on the Taskbar to the right, the DO icon has popped up. How do I remove this icon? I have a DO icon in my main Taskbar.

Many thanks,

M. Cook

Unpin the old icon and pin the new one. Windows gets confused sometimes.

When I unpin the Directory Opus icon on the far right side on my Taskbar, DO exits and I have to reload. Rebooting does not change the situation.

Many thanks,

M. Cook

Unpinning an icon from the taskbar does not start or stop programs. It just affects whether the taskbar has the icon pinned to it or not.

That sounds like you selected Exit Directory Opus instead of the Pin or Unpin option? Unless you just mean the icon was removed from the taskbar (which would be normal after unpinning, if none of the program's windows were open at the time).

If you mean the small icon in the "system tray", this can be turned off with Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Add icon to the Taskbar Status Area.

I do not want the icon on the far right of the Taskbar. When I right click on the icon, there is no option to unpin.

See Jon's reply. I think that's the answer you need. (I misunderstood the question and was thinking of the main taskbar area.)