TechHit QuickJump > new tab in Dopus

Hi,

I am using TechHit QuickJump (https://www.techhit.com/QuickJump/open_ ... lders.html) - which is a huge timesaver for me

The idea is that you use a hotkey combination to open QuickJump, type a few letters, and it quickly finds the folder location you want. If you hit enter or double-click your selection, by default, QuickJump either (a) passes a folder location to a navigation target you have open (for example, a Save As... dialogue or an application's navigation) or (b) if no navigation target is selected, it opens a new Windows File Explorer window and navigates to the selected location.

For case (b) above, instead of targeting Windows File Explorer, I'd like to target Dopus and open a new tab. QuickJump allows the user to set a Custom "Open folders in." (If the location of this target has spaces in it, you have to put the entire location in quotes.) see image below I've tried some different options

I have tried the following options

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go NEWTAB
"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd NEWTAB Go

The first works but the other two do not.

Ideally I want to check if Dopus is open and depending on the case there open or reopen a new tab with the folder path from quick jump.

Any ideas. What may work?

Regards

Justin

Assuming it is adding the folder path to the end of the command, try ... Go NEWTAB PATH so that the path is given to the PATH argument and not the NEWTAB argument.

Thanks Leo just had a chance to try and works perfectly.

Justin

Just for completeness I have added the tofront switch? to the NEWTAB command so that the list gets the focus and comes to the front.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH
1 Like