The problem with FTP

Sorry for my English .

Unable to connect to the FTP-server. More precisely, I can connect, but the files on the server are not visible. I can't see anything - just empty space. But there's actually a few tens of thousands of files and folders. If I go through Total Commander - all files and directories are visible.
The server:

With other servers, no problems

I sometimes see this problem too with a few of my web site client servers where Opus connects but the server file display remains blank. My guess is Opus times out before receiving the remote list of files and folders to display.

The solution for me is to disconnect from the server and reconnect again, then all server files and folders display as they should.

Unfortunately, this way I didn't help

I did some research:
DOpus - does not see the files and folders
GoodSync Pro - does not see the files and folders
Total Commander - see everything
IE / FF / Opera - see everything
Windows Explorer - see everything
Filezilla - see everything

What does the log show?

And where do I find the log? :open_mouth:

It's mentioned in the online help... first, goto Tools->Output Window then select the FTP #1 tab... perform you ftp connect to the problem, and report back what is displayed in the output window.

In addition, you might want to enable "Debug"... go to FTP->Edit Address Book and select the Display tab... you can turn on the Enable debug option, and then rerun you connection attempt; and again... report back what appears in the output window.

Opening Connection site.com:21
220-ArGoSoft FTP Server for Windows NT/2000/XP, Version 1.4 (1.4.3.7)
220 Welcome to Designs
--> USER webadmin
331 Need password
--> PASS ...
230 User webadmin logged in successfully **
--> SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
--> FEAT
502 Unknown command
--> TYPE I
200 Type set to Image (binary)
--> PWD
257 "/" is working directory
--> TYPE A
200 Type set to ASCII
--> PASV
227 Entering passive mode (68,15,152,9,35,238)
--> LIST -alF
150 Opening ASCII data connection
226 Transfer complete

or this:
Connection closed
Opening Connection site.com:21
220-ArGoSoft FTP Server for Windows NT/2000/XP, Version 1.4 (1.4.3.7)
220 Welcome to Designs
331 Need password
230 User webadmin logged in successfully **
215 UNIX Type: L8
502 Unknown command
200 Type set to Image (binary)
250 Requested file action OK, completed
200 Type set to ASCII
227 Entering passive mode (68,15,152,9,35,234)
150 Opening ASCII data connection
226 Transfer complete

Try the various suggestions in the FAQ: FTP Doesn't Work

This suggests to me like the ArGoSoft FTP has some non-standard directory listing and does not correctly respect the Unix style LS command output.

Try changing the command used to display the directory to use a simple LIST (drop the -alF).

Please file an official support request to GP Software via the GPSoft.com.,au web site if you still have a problem.

No - cancel that reply. I just tested this and all works correctly. I downloaded the trial version of ArGoSoft FTP and it works perfectly with Opus.
You'll have to file an official support request with GP Software via the web support form.

Posted. Tracking number 370020400471.