TheMovieDB Poster&Info Downloader V2.0

nope, the script uses the TheMovieDB API, even if imdb has a public api, it will be different.

Am I correct in thinking that this script added to a button will download any files (posters etc) that are available for the particular movie:

TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*"

Do I need to do anything else to get any other files that are available? I have this working but only get a poster. I am assuming that is because nothing else is available.

no, not correct.
the script only downloads one (the main/first) poster of the particular movie.

with the parameter BACKDROP you could download one (again main/first) backdrop image
and with parameter INFOFILE you could save some of the movie meta data to a text file.

To enhance the script and iterate over all available posters for a movie would probably be relatively easy. Feel free to enhance the script for your requirements. If you plan on mass downloading all posters for a large number of movies, it just would ask you to create and use your own api key, to avoid impact for others due to possible quota restrictions.

Hi Miran;

Great script, first of all. I use it all the time for my movie folder. It is a lifesaver for me as I have some 1600 movies and trying to remember all of their abstracts would otherwise be impossible. Thanks so much for it.

The interesting issue I have is two-fold.

1. I have been getting script errors where it is looking at my Pictures folder, for instance, and obviously having no movie to parse to the IMDB API. I have downloaded the latest Alpha build and so far it seems that this has been fixed somehow. Not sure if that was intentional or not but will let you know if I see any more examples and will attach with script output, etc.

2. The odd issue I've encountered is the following:

• I navigate to my Movie folder
  • I have it so that most recently added movies are at top of list
  • I have a view that includes most of the Downloader script columns
  • When I scroll down as the movie abstracts, etc are filling in, I get abstracts that are duplicated even though the movies are different (see attachment).

This issue is not the end of the world but it is annoying at times. Any thoughts on why this would happen?

BTW, no script errors are flagged when this is happening...

Environment:
Windows 10 Pro
DOpus v11.18
Movie folder containing some 160 movies in format "Movie Name.ext)

Hi all;

Just wondering if anyone has any issues (or fixes) like I do with the above...

Also, I am wondering if it might be possible to do the following:
Take the abstract text (e.g "U.S Navy Seal Chris Kyle...") and put it into the Description field so that it is permanently embedded in the file. That way I do not have to be downloading the abstract every time I access my movies folder... Open to any and all suggestions and whether it is doable in the first place. Thanks in advance.

can it work with opus 10?
im not able to find
Open Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts

not able to install..

It requires Opus 11 or above. Opus 10 did not have scripting.

(First line of the post: utilizing the new DOpus 11 Script functionality.)

:smirk: yeah i had doubt ...thats why i asked if it could work with OPUS 10.
thx for quick reply as always.

Hi there, Just wondering if there will be a new version of this awesome plugin as moviedb(dot)org has gone belly up ?

as far as I can see, the page might have changed a lot, but the api is still working and the script is still functioning.
What kind of problems do you have?

The Movie bd website is for sale and when I try to retrieve the poster I get this message >>

10/04/2018 2:32 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Error at line 229, position 2
10/04/2018 2:32 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: The system cannot locate the resource specified.
(0x800c0005)

I have tried it on a movie I had previously used the script on successfully with the above error. Something has changed as it was working fine for so long.

Like most free web services, seems like it can't be relied upon to stay working forever.

I just checked again and at least my test movies worked without any problem.
have you checked your movie over the website? I had the problem in the past, that a movie was found because of an alternative title that got removed later and resulted in a not found movie....

Thank you for your reply. I have just tried with nearly 30 movies, all of which I was able to retrieve information for previously. I removed the posters and tried again. Still no go, so I am totally confused as to what might be happening. It was working fine, and I had made good use of it before. I have checked everything that could be stopping it. Dopus definitely has access through the firewall etc:

Set the LogLevel to debug and check the log file, maybe you could see directly what is failing. and post the log messages here if you could not see something on you own.

13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: LogLevelName: DEBUG
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: NotFoundFileExtension: .error
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: InfoFileExtension: .nfo
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: BackdropSuffix: -backdrop
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: File:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: TitleRegExp: (.*)
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: ErrFile: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: InfoFile: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: NoPoster: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: PosterSize: original
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Backdrop: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: BackdropSize: original
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FilePath:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FileNameWoExt:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FileNameExt:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: MovieTitle:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Error at line 229, position 2
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: The system cannot locate the resource specified.
(0x800c0005)

Thanks Again,
I tried with many files with different extensions eg: .avi .mp4 .mkv They all produce the same Debug output.

there seems to be no file passed to the script.
how do you call the script? Is a file selected?

Yes, of course I have a file selected and I have a Button installed on the toolbar to call the script. As I have said, it was working great, then suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. Maybe I need to fully uninstall it and start from scratch again.

"13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: File:"

This is the indication, that the script does not get any file passed to it.
Two reasons I can think of, how this could happen.

1. There is no "FILE" parameter in the script button (something like FILE {filepath$} is needed)
  2. There is no File selected

Without any further information I could not trace it down.

You should post the exact command how you call the script, the file that is selected and the corresponding debuglog. Then I might see something else.

Hi again. I still cannot get this working. I have done everything suggested. The button definitely calls the script, tested by disabling script and pressing button, producing expected error, script not found. I was trying to get the poster for "Thor Ragnarok.mp4" I have been offline because of a stroke, but have just done a fresh reinstall of windows 7 and fresh install of Directory opus. Re-downloaded the V2 of the script and followed the instructions to the letter.

Unfortunately I have forgotten where the debug output is put, although I remembered where to enable it in the script options. I would really like to get this working again as it is very useful and worked great for so long. I got posters for well over 200 movies, without any problems.