TheMovieDB Poster&Info Downloader V2.0

as far as I can see, the page might have changed a lot, but the api is still working and the script is still functioning.
What kind of problems do you have?

The Movie bd website is for sale and when I try to retrieve the poster I get this message >>

10/04/2018 2:32 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Error at line 229, position 2
10/04/2018 2:32 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: The system cannot locate the resource specified.
(0x800c0005)

I have tried it on a movie I had previously used the script on successfully with the above error. Something has changed as it was working fine for so long.

Like most free web services, seems like it can't be relied upon to stay working forever.

I just checked again and at least my test movies worked without any problem.
have you checked your movie over the website? I had the problem in the past, that a movie was found because of an alternative title that got removed later and resulted in a not found movie....

Thank you for your reply. I have just tried with nearly 30 movies, all of which I was able to retrieve information for previously. I removed the posters and tried again. Still no go, so I am totally confused as to what might be happening. It was working fine, and I had made good use of it before. I have checked everything that could be stopping it. Dopus definitely has access through the firewall etc:

Set the LogLevel to debug and check the log file, maybe you could see directly what is failing. and post the log messages here if you could not see something on you own.

13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: LogLevelName: DEBUG
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: NotFoundFileExtension: .error
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: InfoFileExtension: .nfo
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: BackdropSuffix: -backdrop
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: File:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: TitleRegExp: (.*)
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: ErrFile: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: InfoFile: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: NoPoster: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: PosterSize: original
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Backdrop: false
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: BackdropSize: original
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FilePath:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FileNameWoExt:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: FileNameExt:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: MovieTitle:
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: Error at line 229, position 2
13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: The system cannot locate the resource specified.
(0x800c0005)

Thanks Again,
I tried with many files with different extensions eg: .avi .mp4 .mkv They all produce the same Debug output.

there seems to be no file passed to the script.
how do you call the script? Is a file selected?

Yes, of course I have a file selected and I have a Button installed on the toolbar to call the script. As I have said, it was working great, then suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. Maybe I need to fully uninstall it and start from scratch again.

"13/04/2018 10:56 PM TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader: File:"

This is the indication, that the script does not get any file passed to it.
Two reasons I can think of, how this could happen.

1. There is no "FILE" parameter in the script button (something like FILE {filepath$} is needed)
  2. There is no File selected

Without any further information I could not trace it down.

You should post the exact command how you call the script, the file that is selected and the corresponding debuglog. Then I might see something else.

Hi again. I still cannot get this working. I have done everything suggested. The button definitely calls the script, tested by disabling script and pressing button, producing expected error, script not found. I was trying to get the poster for "Thor Ragnarok.mp4" I have been offline because of a stroke, but have just done a fresh reinstall of windows 7 and fresh install of Directory opus. Re-downloaded the V2 of the script and followed the instructions to the letter.

Unfortunately I have forgotten where the debug output is put, although I remembered where to enable it in the script options. I would really like to get this working again as it is very useful and worked great for so long. I got posters for well over 200 movies, without any problems.