Time remaining missing in copy file transfer

I'm copying some files over to a storage HDD to prepare for an SSD wipe and transfer to a new PC. During this file transfer I noticed that there is a "time elapsed" clock but no "time remaining" estimation. Can this feature be enabled somewhere?

Time remaining may not appear in some situations if Opus is unable to estimate it accurately.

(I'm not sure why that would be in this particular case.)

Do you see the time remaining estimate in other cases (e.g. copying a few large files), or is it never shown for you?

Is Preferences / File Operations / Progress Indicators / Count files in folders before copying for turned on for the type of drive involved?

Just tested with the drives in question. C: is a Samsung 830 SSD and G: is a Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD. It seems it actually works normally and I just never paid attention to it because I didn't do transfers that lasted this long.

I did get some "access forbidden" types of messages when I copied the files in the original copy event but I also got one with this second test so it's probably not that.

As my last test, I will do the a similar transfer to what originally introduced the issue.

Here we can see that the timer gets stuck. It was 5:31 almost right at the start and it's still stuck there. It doesn't change at all. This is probably similar to what happens with the original transfer. In any case, this is not use critical for me since it works most of the time.

It's probably copying thousands of tiny files, but in an overall job where there is a large amount of data to be copied, in which case the time estimate doesn't work well during that period. (Each tiny file represents ~0 progress, as most of the overhead is creating the file itself, and the amount of data copied is tiny compared to the total amount being copied.)