Toolbar menu for "Piky Folders"

Hi all.

Piky Folders is part of a program from Conceptworld called Piky Suite. The Piky Folders component is similar to other programs that allow you to select a folder you want to open in most "Open..." and/or "Save..." dialogs, like FileBox Extender.

Piky Folders advertises that it works with DOpus, and it does in one respect: I have its icon on my taskbar as part of the Quick Launch menu and when I click to open it it shows me a list of favorite folders. If I click on one it opens a new lister with that selected folder open.

I decided to create a new toolbar button for Piky folders and use it for an added "Favorites" menu, as well as to just give me a little experience in creating toolbar buttons.

Well, good news and bad... I created a small xml file and pasted it on a toolbar and the button looks perfect! It works too, except it opens a new lister to the selected folder. I was hoping to have it behave just like the Favorites menu item and open the selected folder in the active pane of the current lister.

Here's the xml for the button:

<?xml version="1.0"?> Piky Folders %ProgramFiles%\Conceptworld\PikySuite\Images\PikyFolders.ico "C:\Program Files\Conceptworld\PikySuite\PikyBasket.exe" /ShowPikyFoldersMenu

I used xml from another button I saw here and modified it to suit. I don't know about the second line - the "both" and "yes" terms, so I just left those as is. For the image I used the same path as the icon on the Quick Launch menu, and for the Instruction I used the Target shown in the properties of that same Quick Launch icon.

Does anyone know what I could do here to have the action take place in the current lister?

Thanks!

Jim

Does this program let you change the way it launches folders?

You will need to either do that or change the way Opus responds to launched folders by default. If you change it on the Opus side then it'll also effect what happens when you double-click folders outside of Opus, etc. (Opus has no way to know if the folder launch came from one program or another.)

[quote="leo"]Does this program let you change the way it launches folders?

You will need to either do that or change the way Opus responds to launched folders by default. If you change it on the Opus side then it'll also effect what happens when you double-click folders outside of Opus, etc. (Opus has no way to know if the folder launch came from one program or another.)[/quote]

I don't know that I can change the way Piky Folders opens folders. The only setting for it - other than selecting favorite folders - is in its Preferences where it asks for the file manager I use. I had to give it a command line switch: "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" %1

I'm not certain if I can effect that by changing the %1 or not.

And I wouldn't want to change how DOpus handles folders just for this.

Thank you.

Jim

Try changing the command to:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "%1" LASTACTIVELISTER

[quote="jon"]Try changing the command to:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "%1" LASTACTIVELISTER[/quote]

Thanks Jon. Didn't help though.

This command did open the current lister but did not open any folder; just restored the lister with its current panes. I tried a few variations but it started getting weird! Opening folders that didn't exist.

Thanks!

Jim

Not a big deal, really. I already have the DOpus favorites plus FileBox Extender if I need/want more. I mainly wanted to see if I could get the button working.

Jim

Try it without the LASTACTIVELISTER argument.

Or as a batch file that runs two commands:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go "%1"

Thanks Leo.

Without the LASTACTIVELISTER it does the same as the original setting: Opens a new lister but does not open the selected folder - its just the default lister.

Not sure I can enter two commands; only one line available. Plus, that might affect how it behaves in "Open..." and "Save..." dialogs, which is really its better function. Like I said, this would only replicate what is already available with DOpus's Favorites menu, so I'm not really worried about not getting it working. BTW, this is a failing of Piky Suites IMO, certainly not DOpus.

Thanks again.

Jim

Does Pinky Folders definitely use %1 to specify the folder?

Maybe it's the quotes that are confusing it, though they should be there in case the path contains spaces.

For running two commands you can use a batch file and then have the program call the batch file.

Yes, it definitely uses the %1. When I first installed Piky Suites it did not open DOpus, though I had configured it without the %1. I just pointed to the exe file in Program Files.

When I wrote Conceptworld (the developer) and asked about it not opening DOpus - their features list for Piky Suites claims it supports Directory Opus - that's when they told me it had to have that %1 at the end, like this: "C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" %1 That opens a new lister to the selected folder.

Jim

If you take the command that works and put the %1 in quotes, does it still work?