Tooltip popup on upper right of mouse pointer over a folder not registering double-click

I've not encountered this ever in the past, now it's been occurring all the time in recent days. Windows explorer does not have this problem. I have not tested on earlier versions of DOpus, currently running 12.28.1

Instead of entering the folder when double-clicked the folder name will enter into edit mode. Note that if the mouse pointer moves off the tooltip (down and/or to the left) the double-click is registered and folder is changed.

Z9RH25v

Confirmed, only when the tooltip opens above the mouse pointer because there isn't room under it.

I think the tooltip is swallowing the first click. It's something the Windows tooltip control is doing but we should be able to stop that as we've done similar with them swallowing mousewheel messages.

If you do a single-click as long as the folder is already selected it will enter edit mode, so the tooltip isn't swallowing that click.

Thanks for the quick response!

Had same problem. There is an option to turn double click rename off.

1 Like

The problem here is that the lister should be changing to, and showing the content of the double-clicked folder. The rename is separate and a side effect of what it SHOULD be doing. If I turn slow_dblclk_rename to false, yes it doesn't enter edit mode but it also doesn't change to the folder.

There's the double-click speed you can set in windows mouse settings. if you slow double-click that means it's not within the delay that is set within the windows mouse settings. As you can see in the gif from my original post the red circle appearing around the mouse pointer shows 2 clicks in rapid succession that are considered a double-click to windows and thus not 'slow' to DOpus.

The tooltip swallows the button-down event and also prevents a normal double-click event from happening (since the first click happened on the tooltip, not on the window where the second click arrives).

We should be able to work around it, though, when we get a chance to look in detail.

Any idea when this will be addressed?

It's fixed internally for a future release, but I don't know when it'll be put out. We don't consider it urgent enough to push out immediately.

No offense but I find it interesting you took the time to fix a non urgent matter internally. Then decided not to go all the way and simply merge the fix with the beta/stable branch in VCS and add an item to the changelog. Isn't that all it'd take, a whole 5 minutes from this point? Hope it gets fixed before the release of DOpus 13.

Some things are easier/safer to merge into the release code than others, depending on how much has changed between the two branches. This isn't unique to Opus.

I noticed today that windows handles this in the system tray by offsetting tooltips away from the mouse pointer by 1 pixel on the y axis.

DOpus tooltip:
tooltip_dopus

System tray tooltip:
tooltip_systray

I never really have my listers maximized, mostly a smaller window in the lower left of my screen so I encounter this constantly. I mentioned folders and not files in my first post, as I'm sure you discovered this happens to files aswell. Thanks!

We already have a fix on the way.

An extra thought on this (without knowing the fix(es)):

An option to show these infotips only when hovering the icon (while in Details view).