Totally confused - make all folders use the same columns

I am a PowerDesk user, who has been looking at Opus 10, and it seems like it is a VERY powerful program.

In fact, it is almost TOO powerful.

I am used to opening a program like PowerDesk ( or in this case Opus ), and as I move from folder to folder, OR from one hard drive to another, that the way the information is displayed, no matter what folder or what hard drive I am looking at.

I have been messing with the "lister" stuff for two day now, and am just about ready to remove the program from my computer, because I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am using Windows 7 64bit, and when I go into a folder, I set the columns so they are the width that I would like them to be.

I must not be saving that setting properly, cause as soon as I click on a different folder, the column widths are different. Now if I go back to the original folder where I first set the column widths, they have reverted back to the original widths, and I have to reset them again.

I am sure that there must be many reasons for having different listers, but I only want ONE, and not knowing how to make that particular display or lister as the default is driving me up the wall.

Is there a way to set this program so it only shows the folders in the same width for all the different folders???

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Everything you need should be in this step-by-step guide near the top of the FAQs:

[ul][li]Folder Formats: Quick Guide -- Set the view mode, columns etc. used for all directories.[/li][/ul]