Two Questions about Beta 13.1

Friends,
On installing Beta 13.1, I had these two issues:

1. Clicking on the Favorites icon (the yellow 5-point star), it is now taking 6 seconds or so instead of immediately showing me the drop down list as before. Can this be corrected?

2. As per the attached image, I am not sure what the items shown below my last favorite (highlighted in yellow and after NICEPAGE Test) Nor how I can remove them or add to them. Can you clarify this please?

THanks
Akram

For #1, it may possibly be a network share that's unavailable, although it still shouldn't cause a delay like that. Can you check your favorites and see if any of them point to network drives?

For #2, these are your Smart Favorites, automatically added. You can turn them off with Preferences / Frequently Used Paths / SmartFavorites / Enable SmartFavorites system.

Hello again
Thanks for #2 . . . I should have known
As for #1, it is still bothering me. I removed all favorites that are on the network (none) and on another than Harddisk (C) . . . still the same delay . . . 5-6 seconds.
Can this be addressed?
Thanks

Friends
I followed your suggestion and found no network or other disks in the favorites.
It still takes up to 7 seconds to show the drop down list of favorites.
Am I missing something? (I use the favorites all the time)
Thanks a lot

If you paste /dopusdata/ConfigFiles/favorites.ofv into the path field and push return, it should highlight the file storing your favorites.

Could you zip that and send it via private message? (Click my name/picture for the message option.)

Thanks for the file!

So neither W:\ nor K:\ are network drives?

Hello Leo

Yes, K: and W: are partitions on an internal disk and not connected through the network.

In any case, I removed them and tried the Favorites and it took time to drop-down.

Also, before the main new version you sent us, these favorites were always there and everything was fine . . . very speedy, almost immediate dropping

Thanks

Not sure what's going on in that case, unless one of the folders involved has been customized to use an icon on a network drive, or something like that.

If you want, generate a Process Monitor log of what happens when you open the Favorites menu. We might be able to see what's going wrong from there.

HEllo again LEo
Here is the Log File from PROCMON which recorded my clicking on the icon of the Favorites and selecting the entry for START MENU

Thanks a lot
Logfile.zip (34.4 MB)

Thanks!

Have you tried disabling Norton? It's not a definite connection, but it does seem to be adding lot of extra work to the system throughout the menu and icons being processed (and at other times), and could be involved.

Other than that, I can't see anything unusual in the log (although it's possible I've missed something, as there's a lot of data).

If it's still delayed with Norton disabled, I would backup the favorites list and then start removing entries (including local drive ones) to see if the problem is tied to a particular one. (If so, it's likely something to do with the custom icons many of the folders have assigned to them.)

Dear Leo,
I took time to try out different suggestions . . . still the same problem . . . more evidence

1. Disabling Norton did not help
  2. I removed all favorites and rebuilt the list, one by one . . . although there was a slight improvement, there is still a delay
  3. I also discovered that I get the same delay when I click on the Quick Access icon (in the favorites bar)

I think we should concentrate on the fact that this delay started happening just after the main update DOPUS sent me sometime back (I forgot which version) . . . but it came with a message announcing major changes.

Hope this helps
Thanks

With the update to the new version (13.5), the lag between clicking on Favorites ICON (or Quick Access) and the actual drop-down of the list is now much worse.

This is becoming a problem and I would like to remind you that it only started when we had the major update a few months back (the one that you warned us about).

Please note that I have tried all your suggestions (disabling Norton, rebuilding the favorites, etc.) . . . no improvement.

Here is a video of the problem as found under OneDrive

DOPUS Long Time Drop Down on Favorites and Quick Access.mp4

I hope you can download it .. . . i did not find an attachment button!

Thanks a lot and I hope we can find a solution.

Can you remind me which update you mean? What was the warning?

Hi Leo . . . I might not be exact, but my first post in this thread mentions: "On installing Beta 13.1, I had these two issues" Feb 7 . . .

Added evidence: You usually send short update reminder messages. This one was long and alerted us about the "beta" status of the update.

It was then that the lag problem started. I inquired about it and it is still bothering me.
(Getting worse with the latest update)

I hope something can be done about it.

Thanks again LEO

I removed all favorites and rebuilt the list, one by one . . . although there was a slight improvement, there is still a delay

Was there a delay with no Favorites list at all?

I also discovered that I get the same delay when I click on the Quick Access icon (in the favorites bar)

What is in your Quick Access list? Anything pointing to network drives that aren't there or are very slow, or anything similar? Have you tried emptying it?

It sounds like you're talking about the first Opus 13 public beta. That has thousands of changes in it vs Opus 12 so it doesn't help narrow things down, unfortunately.