Two way copy - Don't check date

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any way to make a "2 way copy" synchronization between two folders in any other mode than the current default one (the selection drop down is grayed out).

I want to make sure all files exist in both folders. Some files already do exist in both folders they might have different timestamps (but otherwise equal) and since I am trying to synchronize a local folder with a remote one over SFTP I don't wan't to transfer anything that really dont need to be transfered.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for reading,
Kim

Two-way copies using the Synchronize panel will always use the file dates to decide which files to keep/copy when files exist in both sides.

Instead, I think you'll need to use two normal file copies, one in each direction.

You can create a button which automatically skips existing files without prompting you to make this more convenient:

Copy WHENEXISTS=skip

You could probably also hardcode the source and destination paths into the command, or even put two copy commands (one going each way) into a single button to do the sync in one click... before we go there, though, give the simple button above a try and see if it does what you need.

PS: See the Toolbars 1 video tutorial if you want to learn how to create your own buttons.

[quote="leo"]
Instead, I think you'll need to use two normal file copies, one in each direction.

You can create a button which automatically skips existing files without prompting you to make this more convenient:

Copy WHENEXISTS=skip

You could probably also hardcode the source and destination paths into the command, or even put two copy commands (one going each way) into a single button to do the sync in one click... before we go there, though, give the simple button above a try and see if it does what you need.

PS: See the Toolbars 1 video tutorial if you want to learn how to create your own buttons.[/quote]

Hello!

Yeah I guess that doing two seperate copies, one in each way will have to do. Too bad it's not possible to change the compare setting in the two way mode, it's a nice feature other than that but it's no biggie.

Thanks for the help!
Kim