Type in name of directory to instantly go there?

I was playing with the free Launchy tool (www.launchy.net) where I can just type in the name of the program I want to run to start it, and I thought, "Can Directory Opus do this with directories the way Launchy does this with applications?" It would be neat if Opus could index all the directories, then I just type in the name of the directory I want to go to, and Opus takes me there, no matter where it is in the directory tree.

Can Opus do that?

I don't think that DO has such a function innately.

You could try AutoHotkey with HotStrings:

IfWinActive, ahk_class dopus.lister
{
   ::#win::
   RUN file:\\\C:\Windows
   return

::#prg::
   RUN file:\\\C:\Program Files
   return
}

[quote="Dinkelhopper"]You could try AutoHotkey with HotStrings:

[code]
IfWinActive, ahk_class dopus.lister
{
::#win::
RUN file:\\C:\Windows
return

::#prg::
RUN file:\\C:\Program Files
return
}
[/code][/quote]

For a list of folders like that you could use the Alias system in Opus. You can add your own aliases but Opus has built-in ones for the Windows and Program Files directories. If you type /windows or /programfiles you'll be taken to those folders. Due to auto-completion you should be able to type just /w and /prog (unless you've added aliases whose names match first, of course).

You live and learn :wink:

(Mine works global - without the first line o.c.) :sunglasses:

I discovered Launchy already has the ability to include indexing of Directories. If I set

Launching Opus -> Explorer Replacement -> Replace Explorer for all file system folders

then Launchy brings up DO with the directory I asked for.

Well it's a start at least. (I might someday like the option to open in a new tab instead of a new window, but not sure how I'd specify which I wanted.)

And Launchy is Sourceforge open source. (Probably GNU license, but I haven't verified that.)

The only problem I have with Launchy is whenever it decides to update its index, it uses a lot of CPU at normal process priority, slowing everything down for me for a couple minutes. I'll try getting Launchy to start at a lower priority so it doesn't piss me off every time it updates the index, and see if it still works OK at lower priority when I ask it to do something. (Or I've been keeping auto reindexing switched off and just manually reindexing when I know it needs it, except that still pisses me off unless I can get it to do that at a lower priority.) (There are also programs which try to manage the priority of programs when they start. Never found one I liked. I think I'll try a simple AutoHotkey script to start Launchy and set the priority to lower.)