Unable to do anything (update: Problem with iCue)

I had a notification for the latest update a few days ago, but ever since I am unable to perform any actions as the program keeps freezing and becoming unresponsive.

Task Manager says that it's not responding so I have to keep ending it and restarting.

I can't even copy a 3gb file as the copy dialogue box just sits there with a green bar for 4-5 hours.

I cant even backup my settings as it gets stuck halfway .

anyone have a solution please?

Please make some Manually generating process snapshots while the freezes are happening and we should be able to use them to see what's going wrong.

The freeze while making a config backup is probably the best and most simple one to investigate first.

Regarding the config backup, if you were saving the backup to a NAS or similar, try saving it locally instead, to see if that makes a difference.

I think I found my problem...

I bought some new RGB case fans a few days ago and installed Corsair's iCue software, turns out the freezing and hanging was a system wide problem will all apps and programs. Uninstalling it has fixed my issue.

I thought it was a problem with just Directory Opus until I started getting problems with windows file explorer and even the start menu.

Please accept my apologies.

1 Like