Undo Close Tab

Is there a keyboard shortcut to UNDO 'close tab'? I could do it by right-clicking next to the tabs..

To create an Opus hotkey :[ol][li] Right-click on any toolbar[/li]
[li] Select Customize from the context menu[/li]
[li] On the Customize Dialog, click the Keys tab.[/li]
[li] Click the New Hotkey icon (first from the left), or press Alt+N.[/li]
[li] Give your hotkey a short descriptive name (only appears in Keys list).[/li]
[li] Give your hotkey a detailed description name (only appears in Keys list).[/li]
[li] In the Hotkey field, press the key sequence you want to use.
NOTE: To utilize hotkeysequences with any of these keys: Enter, Esc, or Tab, select the desired key from the pull-down menu (downward arrow at right of field) while depressing any qualifier keys (Ctrl, Shift, Alt, or Win).[/li]
[li] Click the Advanced button.[/li]
[li] Enter your command by: pasting commands; typing commands; or selecting internal Opus raw commands, arguments, and modifiers, from their respective menus.[/li]
[li] Click the OK button on the Command Editor to save your hotkey assignment to the Keys list.[/li]
[li] Click the OK button on the Customize Dialog to save your updated Keys list.[/li][/ol]
In your case you want to use this command:

Go TABUNDOCLOSE

thanks a lot!

How to undo close tab in right/left pane? I can't figure out which command to use.

Thanx

It doesn't support left or right, it only supports the last tab you closed.

love this, thanks a lot Kenalcock!

I cant understand though that it's not more - eh - 'advertised' - or available for that matter.

A search in help and manual for undo close tab* got nothing helpful.
It doesnt seem to be anywhere in the menus or context menus.

I think the whole tabbed thing is evolving a lot cause of browsers so it's nice to see file managers catching up!

• It was mentioned in Leo's intro to version 9 as [quote]If you accidentally close a tab the new Undo Close Tab command means you can get it back again.[/quote]

correction:
I found it in the context menu when I click in the space to the right/left of tabs (above the 'bar').

(I'd edit the post above am unable to edit posts for some reason)

No doubt you have just forgotten the reason which you read about when you went through the carefully written FAQs section. :slight_smile:

No doubt you have just forgotten the reason which you read about when you went through the carefully written FAQs section. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thanks
sort of - I naturally havent read all the FAQs :frowning:
but promise to look next time I have a problem