Use current folder's icon on the taskbar?

Hi,

I'm testing out the 12.25.1 beta and using the current folder's icon enabled. It's working for the lister title but imagined it would also work for the taskbar icon, however that is not the case. Is it supposed to update the taskbar icon as well?

I'm on windows 11 and its currently just showing the dopus icon.

Cheers!

-DMDComposer

If you have the taskbar set to combine buttons then the generic Opus icon will still be used.

Screen looks like showing Win10, not 11.

Ah okay. So for the time being since w11 there isn't an option to disable the combing icons on the taskbar, this feature will not work on w11.

It changes the window icons. If the taskbar doesn't show the individual windows, only a button for the application as a whole, then the option won't affect the taskbar.

The intent isn't to change the icon for the entire application (which wouldn't make sense; there may be multiple windows open). I'm not sure that's possible to do on the fly anyway, other than adding small overlay icons in the corner of the main taskbar icon.

The option changes what the actual windows show in the top-left (as well as things which list those windows) and the feature works on Windows 11.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but it's pertinent to my question... how do I stop Directory Opus from using different icons in the Windows 10 taskbar? I know that I can change the taskbar setting to Always combine taskbar buttons but that also hides the labels... an undesirable option. Having Directory Opus show a drive or folder or whatever icon makes it very difficult to find compared to using the standard program icon all the time.

I'm hoping that, like almost everything else in the program, this is a user selectable option. Otherwise, how do I downgrade to a prior version which doesn't have this "feature"?

Thank you... I knew there had to be a configuration option since almost everything is configurable in the program.