UserDefined Preset in Rename at the top of the list

Maybe a feature request (?)

Be able to move a user defined preset to the top of the row, so it always starts with that one.
For most of my renames I use the preset but have to select that one first before proceeding.
Moving it to the top of the list would be a nice to have. :wink:

[quote="mrwul"]Maybe a feature request (?)

Be able to move a user defined preset to the top of the row, so it always starts with that one.
For most of my renames I use the preset but have to select that one first before proceeding.
Moving it to the top of the list would be a nice to have. :wink:
=[/quote]

Further to the above in my preset it says
Find (textstring)
Replace: [ blanc box ]
When the preset wud at the top of the list, then in fact the cursor should be blinking the the replace box.

also it would be great to (optionally) have some kind of autofill, i.e. DO to remember previous rename-action (upto a max of nn entries)
so users do not need to type the complete replace string. Also there will be more uniform renaming.

=

You can change your rename button/hotkey so that it selects a preset by default, and if you do that it automatically selects the Replace field as soon as the window opens.

Use a command like this, changing the prefix name for whichever one you want:

Rename PRESET="Make Safe Name" ADVANCED

The ADVANCED argument is important as without that the preset will be run without showing the window (unless the preset is incomplete; i.e. doesn't specify the old/new name fields and thus has to prompt for more info).

Opus also already remembers the previous rename; that's what the Last Rename preset in bold near the top is.

Incredible...
For almost all weird questions, there seems to be a solution within DO.
Thanks! This is exactly what I had in mind.

As to 'remembering previous renames'.
Take following scenario: you have a few hundred files to be renamed, some are renamed to aaa.ext, some to bbb.ext, some to ccc.ext etc.
During the process different files shd either be aaa or ccc or ggg.
Right now, each time, one needs to enter the new file names.

My idea is the following:
when start typing the new filename, previous entered filenames are shown in a list
or, alternatively, the "Replace"-box to be expanded with a drop down list option (similar to Regular Expressions)

• in case there are more than one filenames starting with the same string, then a drop down list to show to select from,
    identical to "Regular Expressions".

Like this...

It is just an idea.

Anyway, thanks again for the solution!