Using the result of a custom command in a rename funciton

myarmor has create some custom columns (link) that displays the oldest and newest file in the given folder.
I would like to create a custom command that could return that value and then use it in a rename command similar to the below.

Rename PATTERN="*" TO="* - {modified|D#yyyyMMdd-T#HHmmss" AUTORENAME TYPE=dirs FILEINFO 

If I create the custom Command is it possible to return a value from it to be used in this way?

Thanks

As fas as I know and unfortunately, a script command cannot access column values. I also had some situations where I wished this was possible.

Maybe I did not understand correctly yet, but if you are going to rename, the rename command should be able to access a any columns value (by that FILEINFO feature).

I meant that I planned to create a custom command that would perform the same calculation as myarmour's column does. Then have that new custom command return the date for me to work with in the rename command.

Yes, so I understood correctly. But I still don't get the reason. o) Why do you want to create a new script command that fetches a script columns value for a rename, when rename can read that column value on it's own already?

Would the column need to be visible? Maybe you are correct and that is how i should do it.