Using two screens, Directory Opus icon becomes dark

The icon becomes dark when my active screen switches between laptop and tv screen.

Only Directory Opus and Google Backup and Sync icons are affected. All the rest has no problem.

Using
Directory Opus Pro 12.6 Build 6369 x86
OS 10.0 (B:15063 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0
Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.674

See attached image at bottom right.

Looks like a Windows or display driver bug, especially if it's affecting more than one program and only in the notification icons.

Notification icons are drawn by Windows. Programs just give Windows the icon bitmap, and it then holds on to it and draws it when it needs to, with no further involvement from the program it came from, until they tell it to change the icon (which Opus never does).

The Windows shell still has a lot of icon caching and DPI changing bugs. Clearing the icon cache may fix things. Rebooting after changing screens may also fix things if this is one of several bugs that happen when parts of Windows are not running at the system DPI (the primary monitor's DPI at boot time), and if changing screens is also triggering a DPI change.

Thanks for explaining. I cleaned out Windows 10 icon cache to see if this would make a difference, but no difference.

The funny thing is that all my other programs icons are not affected, only Directory Opus and Google Backup and Sync.

I will also lay a bug report with windows and see what they say.

Most of the other icons in your screenshot have very dark outlines, like the alpha blending is not being done correctly. I suspect this is affecting more than just the two programs, it's just more visible with some icons than others.