V13.1 bug with file type summary?

Hello,

I just upgraded my licences to v13, I'm always happy to see new features added to DO.
I wouldn't have thought it was still possible to find all these new convenient ideas, but I was so excited to read the new features and watch the Highlights video on YT, congrats !! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

Your software, thorough documentation, videos and support are great ! and you put all other companies to shame.
You really set the example and I wish I could see this type of excellency in others...

Ok, now back to the "bug":
I was trying the new status bar File type, and the file type summary, and I have a strange file count and file size reported.

It seems to go crazy when I use filtering.
See screenshots for instance, I have only 1 file part2.rar but when I filter the view, it claims I have 4 294 967 295 files:

Same for size, it claims the part2.rar files size occupy 16 384 PB.

Also, It would be great to be able to copy the values, what do you think ?

I would also add a separator between the 3 different columns or something else, see mockup below:

Is it a good idea ? Should I create a Feature request ?

Thank you and keep up the impressive good work !

What is the filter you're using? Knowing this we can try to replicate your results.

you can see it on my screenshot, at the bottom of the screen, just above the tabs.
I think it is called "the filter bar".

We haven't been able to reproduce this so far.

It may depend on:

• The status bar codes you're using (if not the default ones)
  • The list of file and folder names (before filtering)
  • Exact steps before opening the pie chart (e.g. what's selected, and when/how the filter is applied)

If you can tell us those, for a situation where you see the problem, we can try to recreate the same thing and hopefully get it to happen as well.

Hi,

I have managed to reproduced the file count issue with only 1 file:

if I filter the view with "bb" for instance, the count gets crazy:

It might be related to tar.gz extension...

However this example doesn't reproduce the file size issue I get in other real folders:

I'll see how I can reproduce the size issue simply.

I have managed to reproduced the file size issue too, with 2 files, easy to reproduce on your side:

filter the view with "bb", then it shows:

All it needs, is an non empty tar.gz file (3B in my example, not 16 384PB :slight_smile: ).

I have found another strange behavior while reproducing the 2 issues above.
When I enter the folder, the status bar count is right:

if I duplicate the tar.gz file, then the status bar is wrong and acts as if 1 file was selected.
Even if I try to click in an empty space and no file is selected.

it is fixed when I refresh the view:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hi,

were you able to reproduce it with the examples I provided ?
FYI, I still see this issue with 13.2.2 beta.

Hello Leo,

I added all the information needed to reproduce the issue.
I was expecting a fix but didn't hear anything about it in all new releases.

Have you been able to reproduce it and find a fix ?

Thanks for the details! We've fixed this for the next update.

1 Like

did you forget a bit about it or were you secretly working on it all this time ? :smiley:

Working on about 5000 different things :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, I'll test when I'll come back to the office :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Directory Opus 13.5.5 (Beta)
Fixed filetype summary counts vs multi-part extensions (e.g. ".tar.gz"). Summaries also now always use the simple extension (e.g. ".gz"), as it seems better suited for how summaries are used.