Video - Directory Opus 13 Beta: Let's Spend An Hour Looking At Some Cool New Features!

An hour video from @darkuni (MonroeWorld on YouTube) diving into new features in Directory Opus 13:

18 Likes

Great video Shane!

9 Likes

Also the Highlights page (Directory Opus 13 - Highlights [Directory Opus Manual]), who did it, did great job, so nice to see these gifs which makes more easily to understand how feature looks like.
Thanks you so much.

7 Likes

I 100% used those for this video.

:slight_smile: Never turn down a great resource.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, Jon! I live to serve. Once we have some sort of release date, I'll do a multipart, slightly better prepared series.

8 Likes

Yes please :+1:

1 Like

Great video. I will link to it on the German support pages soon.

1 Like

There are support pages aside of main English ones? o_O

Sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.directory-opus.de/forum/

:slight_smile: ...

@Shane / @darkuni
I somehow had the impression to have seen you before, have you been into DO related things in the past already? That "shane" nickname also rings some kind of bell, but.. nah, cannot really figure out why! o)

I'm a pretty busy guy. I've been a face in many communities ...

• RetroGaming Radio (podcast)
  • Blitz Basic
  • NVidia Shield
  • Oculus Quest (before the evil Facebook took over)
  • Medium writer (did several Dopus articles)

Maybe somewhere in one of these ... we've crossed paths?

2 Likes

Mhh.. it's not very likely I guess, but since you mention Blitz Basic, you mean AmiBlitz? I had a AmiBlitz3 phase back in the days, maybe we had some contact back then? o) This is what I put together with AmiBlitz3, some kind of fake cracktro for a software I never started. You always start with a cracktro of course! o) I mention a "Shane" in the sinus scroller, but from memory, that was a different Shane. It's been 13 years since then though, I can't tell for sure! o)

Blitz Basic was a port from the Amiga version, ya. I wrote several PC games with it. Of course, it is defunct and the games won't run right after Windows XP. Sigh.

Ah ok, so you did not code any Blitz Basic on the Amiga, well.. then I don't know. The other communities you mention, I don't know anything about, so.. not much left, where we could have met in the past!? o)

Anyway, we met here and probably will meet again! o) Thanks for doing the Video!
I had a quick search, there is basically no content despite yours and Leos on YT..

Well a single great channel picked it up once at least (ThioJoe). It has 3 million subscibers, but "only" around 230k views, wonder why this never showed up in my stream. I guess shadow banning is a thing! o) Well, maybe it helps to post the link again! o)

Looking out for your next video! I am thinking about doing videos myself.. but whoo.. it's work! o)

Last Hail Mary pass ...

I ran the Amiga shareware group Dark Unicorn Productions. Psycho Squares, Scorched Tanks, Tomcat FMV ... amongst others.

Most people know DUP from Scorched Tanks.