Videos does not show at all

Hi,
I am using version
Directory Opus Pro 12.14 Build 7076 x64
OS 10.0 (B:17763 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0
Videos do not show correctly, but it display a black screen

I can hear the sound of the video but nothing showed.
Please help
Thanks

Often the easiest thing to is to disable the Movie plugin entirely, so that the viewer pane falls back on the Windows Media Player preview handler (if enabled in the ActiveX+Preview+Office+Web plugin's configuration) or WMP ActiveX control (if the preview handler is disabled or fails).

The main downside to disable the Movie plugin is that it is needed for some movie-related columns in the file display (although you can replace many of them with alternative columns, so it's not usually a huge downside).

You may also be able to get the Movie plugin working again by repairing the codecs on the system, as described here: HOW TO: Enable/fix playback of various media formats in Opus -- (But the advice in there may be out of date these days. It's a while since it was reviewed.)

1 Like

Thanks a lot my dear friend.
1- disable movie plug-in.
2- exit DO.
3- set WMP as default player.
4- opened DO, then it is play the video using WMP embedded player.
5- enabled movie plug-in then exit DO.
6- opened DO once again and it is playing using WMP and movie plugin still enabled.
Do I need to worry about any missing thing or all should be solved and no down side?
Thanks

Seems fine. Setting WMP as the default player probably repaired something that was broken in the registry.

1 Like

Thanks my dear friend.

Is that plugin enabled by default ?
If so then I would suggest changing it based upon how small the downside seems