View STL or .OBJ files in the preview pane

well hello again. guess what its back to just the cura icon again. ive tried to restore my computer and it did restore because i was getting a bunch of numbers and icons in place of the 3d object. so when i restored thinking it was a windows update . now it shows the cura icon again,
this is crazy . do you have any suggestions. please let me know is there something in explorer i have to change maybe so it recognizes the 3d stl files again?
thanks for any help

Try repairing/reinstalling Microsoft's 3D Object Viewer. Something else probably overwrote its registry entries.

Alternatively, in Opus, go to Preferences / Viewer / Plugins and configure the MetaPlugin (ActiveX+Preview+Office+Web in Opus 12) and check if the appropriate extensions are assigned to it. But fixing it that way will only fix it in Opus, not in File Explorer, and only if the filetypes in the registry are the problem.

Ok i figured it out i had to run this command in an elevated command prompt as administrator

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft3DViewer).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

once i did that then i right clicked the file i was trying to see and opened with 3d viewer making
sure i checked to open with box 3d viewer all the time now i can rotate the object in the viewer pain
thanks for the help leo.