View the newest files in a folder

DOpus is so amazingly customizable, pretty much anything I do more than a few times a week I can do quickly with a single button. However at least several times a day (and sometimes dozens) I want to look in a folder to see what the newest files are. I find this annoyingly difficult. First click on the folder of interest in the folder tree. (I'm not going to suggest this is a wasted step :slight_smile: ). Then in the file pane, click on the "Modified" heading to sort the view with the newest at the bottom. Then I have to grab the scroll bar and drag it all the way to the bottom so I can see the newest files. This last step is the one I object to. (Wouldn't it make sense to initialize the scrollbar so that the newest files are in view?).

Anyway, if there is a faster way to view the newest files in a folder I would much appreciate the tip.

Thanks
~Paul

Either a) click the "Modified" heading again to reverse the sort (and bring newest to the top), or b) from Preferences / Display / Fields set the Reverse standard sort direction option for the date modified field.

If you have a keyboard, press the End key now

RP

Thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't know about the "Reverse standard sort direction" which turned out to be useful for the date/time as well as for the size field. (I also like having the biggest files show most prominently at the top).

Thanks
~Paul