Viewer not visible? (Due to second screen.)

Hello, I use D.O. For many years and I have always used the internal image viewer without any problems.
For a few days when I double click on the file, the image has not been displayed, but a miniature window appears on the taskbar next to the thumbnail of the Directory Opus window that cannot be enlarged.
I tried to change the settings in file operations by excluding and then restoring the internal viewer but the result doesn't change.
I tried to reinstall D.O. But the problem is not solved.
What is the cause of this anomaly? Is it solvable?
My S.O. Is W10 PRO 64 bit release 21H1.
Best regards.
Mauro

It sounds like the window is off-screen. It shouldn't usually be possible, unless Windows thinks there are other monitors plugged in which aren't there or aren't visible.

After it opens, try holding the Windows key and pushing the left or right cursor keys a few times, which should move the window on-screen.

Also check if it is simply behind the lister. If the lister is set always-on-top it might be obscuring the viewer. (The built-in on-top state should be inherited by viewers launched from the same lister, but if a third party tool has made it on-top then it might not do the same.)

Hi, you're right it ended up on a secondary screen even though it was off.
A Windows problem, probably.
Thank you.
Mauro

1 Like