Viewer Pane Multipage TIFF Scroll Support

Viewer pane has two controls for file scrolling (top and bottom) but no one for multipage TIFF scroll.

Could you add buttons and keyboard shortcuts to scroll pages of multipage TIFFs?

There's no built-in support for multi-page TIFF at all. It would require a viewer plugin (or a more general preview handler, which would also work in File Explorer, if someone has already made one for the format).

There isn't much demand for multi-page TIFF these days, so it's probably not something we will implement ourselves. But there is a viewer plugin API if anyone else wants to make one.

1 Like

At job, we work with multi-page tifs and I have always dreamed of support from Opus (navigation between pages, distinction between tif and multi-page tif).
But lack of demand for this old format and I don't know how to create a plugin :frowning_face:

With Opus 13, is there a way to get page count to display in column ?

1 Like

Try ExifTool's File-PageCount.

Yes, but how to display this in column ?

This add-in can help:

1 Like

Seems that page count does not work with tiffs, only with pdfs.

It looked okay here, but I only had a quickly fabricated tiff available. You could run ExifToolProbeFiles on your files and see if any of the fields show something useful.

Works here after manually add this line as a column definition:
exifColumns.push_back(GetColumnMap('File', 'PageCount', '', 'Pages', 'Pages', '', 'right', 'number'));

I use example from google and don't work.
With another one, it's ok.

multipage_tiff_example.zip (626.1 KB)