Viewer pane position

By default the view pane, after clicking the view pane button, appears on the right hand side, but can be toggled to appear at the bottom.

Can the default be changed to it appearing on the bottom first?

Yes, edit the button and change the function to Set VIEWPANE=Toggle,Horiz.

Jon, thanks very much. Fixed and working well.

Jon, is it also possible to have a larger view - say three quarters of the screen (I use the screen in portrait mode to view documents).

Just drag to adjust the viewer pane size.

Regards, AB

You can also set the viewer pane size with an Opus command. See the help for the Set Command and scroll down to VIEWPANESIZE.

Regards, AB

AB, thanks - it is the fixed position I am after. Do I:

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle,Horiz/K Set VIEWPANESIZE 75

Is this correct? - in the "Function" field of the buttons dialogue box?

AB,

On my last of about 15 trys I got it:

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle,Horiz,Set VIEWPANELSIZE=75

Thanks. That is just so good.

[quote="pgauld"]AB, thanks - it is the fixed position I am after. Do I:

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle,Horiz/K Set VIEWPANESIZE 75

Is this correct? - in the "Function" field of the buttons dialogue box?[/quote]
Not quite. What you want is...

Set VIEWPANE=Toggle,Horiz VIEWPANESIZE 75

Note that you can test commands in "immediate" mode by typing > (the "greater than" key) immediately followed by your command string. When you type the > key you will see an instant command box open. Now you can type your test command and press Enter to see what happens. The instant command box keeps a log of previously entered commands which can be recalled by pressing the UP arrow.

Regards, AB

FWIW, you don't need to edit commands to change the default viewer pane size.

If everything is working with the command cbange then stick with that (no reason not to), but for reference for others who might find this thread:

If you resize the viewer and use Settings / Set as Default Lister, the current size will be saved as the new default. (You may need to do this with the viewer still open for its size to be updated, then again with it closed if you do not want it open by default.)

Of course, if you use this method you'll also need to change the command back to normal, since it would override it. Also, saved layouts and styles may have different viewer sizes stored in them. So editing the command may still be your best option if you use lots of different layouts and styles and don't want to update them all.

For those who read this thread, editing the command is very good for viewing documents if that is what you do most of the time - which is what I do constantly (I posted this question), I don't look at images. I open OD in a screen in portrait orientation, so, with this editing, you are seeing the document more or less in the document's normal (A4) orientation.

Very good Opus.