Viewer starts multiple copies of Haali media splitter

When I preview MKV, AVI, WMV or MPG files, Opus 10 starts Haali media Splitter. The problem is that the system tray displays a seperate Haali media splitter for each file that I preview. How can I get Opus to reuse the same application?

I think that's a question for the Haali developers. Opus just plays the video using DirectX, which indirectly loads whichever codecs/splitters you have installed.

FWIW, I've seen endless complaints about various bugs/crashes in Haali over the years and would use something else instead. FFDShow + the Media Player Classic splitters, while not perfect, rarely seem to have the problems that Haali has, and can decode all the same formats.

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I change Haali to FFDShow? I used K-Lite Codec to install a number of video components and one is FFDShow.

I couldn't tell you as I don't know what K-Lite or Haali install exactly. I just install FFDShow + the handful of splitters I actually need, manually without using a codec pack. Keeps things simple and means I know exactly what is installed on the machine (ignoring anything that 3rd party tools add without telling me, of course, but that seems very rare these days).

You're better off asking general questions about video codecs on a forum dedicated to video software.

I'd recommend the LAV Filters over ffdshow as they're regularly maintained and offer better performance. Them, along with MPC-HC and you're good to go.

Furthermore, there's a nice guide here to setup your filters and player.