When using cheatengine to edit game speed, antivirus warns dopuslib.dll is risky program

risk program: D:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus
\dopuslib.dlI

source: F:#CheatEnginePortable\App\CheatEngine
\cheatengine-x86_ 64.exe

target: F:\z_ level\game.exe

1. dopus--F:\z_ level\game.exe
  2. dopus--F:\CheatEnginePortable.lnk
  3. cheatengine , choose game.exe-- back to the game
  4. use hotkey to edit the game speed.
    at this time, antivirus warns dopuslib.dll is risky program....

i don't know why this happen. is it something to do with before i go back to game.
i was testing some command in dopus that run cmd or run RestartViaManager to restart dopus. or copy to make dopusrt.exe shortcut to %temp%.
after the warn, i try to exit the dopus .completely, the exit dopus. restart it , restart cheatengine, restart the game.
antivirus still warns about doupuslib.dll....

and i open task manager, it's weird, there are 3 explorer.exe....
well....i'm not sure is dopus it trigger the other two explorer.exe, but not very important. mentions it just in case. because i kill 3 explorer.exe and run explorer.exe to reopen the desktop, still get the warn.

and finally i reboot the computer, this time is fine . antivirus didn't warn about dopuslib.dll.
dopus 13.4
windows 7

is there anyway or thought to avoid this kind of things? (。﹏。)
oh, by the way, is this a bug?

1 Like

It’s a false positive. Talk to your antivirus vendor. We can’t do anything about them mislabelling things, other than recommend better antivirus.

i'm not saying or meaning that dopuslib.dll is virus or anything.
hmmm....maybe i try this way.

i'm thinking about somehow , maybe i test some command in dopus the customize toolbar funtion or when i'm testing the command to do something.cause some other side effect.

when i'm trying to use cheatengine hotkey that the hotkey from cheatengine go through by dopuslib.dll to game.exe.... not cheatengine to game.exe directly.

it turns into cheatengine -- dopuslib.dll -- game.exe
which it should be cheatengine -- game.exe

because after i reboot computer, it doesn't warn anymore.
and before that, i do the same thing it didn't happen.
that's why i feel weird and try to give a feed back see if any clue. :sweat_smile:
if it's some random issue and have no idea, can be ignore..
ah, If this is not reproducible, it really lacks meaning. get it. thanks for the answear.

as i recall the memory, before it turns into cheatengine -- dopuslib.dll -- game.exe
the first warn comes with dop2024*.cmd? the name is too long to remember,
it should be like cheatengine -- dop2024*.cmd -- game.exe
and when this shows up i exit dopus to test, but it starts to warn about
cheatengine -- dopuslib.dll -- game.exe
for some unknown reason, dopus took over the keyboard command, making it go throught by dop*.cmd or dopuslib.dll cause the warn.
and this behavior gone after reboot computer. run cheatengine and game.exe is fine.
i'm really not trying or meaning virus or something. sorry for the misleading.

dopus record /took over the keyboard input, should be release after exit dopus, but somehow it doesn't until reboot the computer.
ah ,okay that's all.

If you're running it from an Opus button that's set to "MS-DOS Batch Function", then Opus will put the commands into a .bat file and tell Windows to run that. The dop2024.etc..cmd is just a batch file with a random name, starting with "dop" indicate what it's from and keep similar files together. Opus is then basically out of the picture, as Windows will be running the .bat file.

Some antivirus may freak out about programs launching .bat files in general, perhaps.

I am not sure what you mean about "taking over the keyboard". In what way? When what was being done?

I don't know anything at all about cheatengine.exe, sorry.

hmmm. It seems I still didn’t make the point clearly.
let me try this way.

normally, use hotkey or input some keyboard command (like press ctrl+f in keyboard), it should be keyboard→ program
this time, it should be keyboard β†’ cheatengine β†’ game.exe

at the first post of this thread,
i thought ,somehow when i use hotkey, the keyboard command ctrl+f from cheatengine.exe go through dopuslib.dll to game.exe

so i think it turns into keyboard β†’ cheatengine β†’ dopuslib.dll β†’ game.exe and this behavior trigger the antivirus warning.

at the theird post of this thread,
i recall the memory, find out before antivirus warning about dopuslib.dll, a warning for dop*.cmd first.
at that time i already playing the game,and try to change the game speed.
so i exit dopus, exit game, exit cheatengine, restart the dopus, cheatengine, game.
and this time, antivirus warning about dopuslib.dll.

the point is dop*.cmd doesn't matter, antivirus doesn't matter, cheatengine doesn't matter. these programs doesn't matter.
the fact of the matter is after i testing dopus code or customize toolbar etc.. every keyboard actions go throught with dopus or dopuslib.dll first.

everything turns into keyboard β†’ dopuslib.dll β†’ program

if i run notepad.exe, try to type something or use hotkey with keyboard.
it's notkeyboard β†’ notepad.exe it's keyboard β†’ dopuslib.dll β†’ notepad.exe
and this is what i try to mean "taking over the keyboard"

and i think it's not right and not normal.

and this situation exists until i reboot the computer.
before reboot the computer, no matter how many time i exit & restart dopus, it still the same.

before i reboot computer, i tried use explorer.exe to run game.exe and cheatengine. it's fine even dopus stay at background at system tray area. as long as not run cheatengine from dopus.

and after i reboot the computer,it didn't happen again. also i do not test code or customize toolbar anymore. everything is fine even run game and chenatengine with dopus.
so i can't reproduce it now.

i'm having another thought, if i remember this right, it maybe like double click on desktop to opusrt.exe or open opus tab etc.. the hook to monitor keyboard/mouse action or what?

(i'm not using this funtion, i disable it, it's just a thought, is something like this like hook keyboard cause the issue?)

i think i somehow reproduce the issue.
dopus β†’ customize β†’ new button β†’ standard funtion :
"{alias|home}#third_part_program\RestartViaManager\RestartViaManager.exe" "{alias|home}dopus.exe" QUIET
β†’ run ,
without ok or cancel Command editor ,during the customize tab still exist, customize toolbar still editable,

RestartViaManager.exe restart the dopus directly without exit the customize mode.
run cheatengine and game.exe with dopus.
active speed change with hotkey, antivirus warning about "dop2024*.cmd",click stop it, and use Everything to search the .cmd file and it doesn't exist.

(i know it should be in %temp%, but before i turn to play game, i also test some other codes like copy rename delete in %temp% with dopus. so this .cmd file maybe the one i have delete in %temp%. this can explain why Everything didn't find the file)

then i exit dopus, try the hotkey again. and this time hotkey can't work, like i didn't use hotkey, cheatengine act nothing ,and no warning.

exit cheatengine and game.exe, restart dopus, restart cheatengine and game.exe. active speed change,
antivirus warn about dopuslib.dll.

so things act weird because restart dopus without exit customize mode.

dopus in edit customize toolbar mode β†’ new botton β†’ run RestartViaManager.exe restart dopus.
when this happen ,even i restart the dopus or enter customize toolbar mode ok/cancel , it won't work.

unless reboot the computer.

Opus installs a keyboard hook to implement its global hotkeys. If you have no global hotkeys defined it won't install the hook.

The only default system-wide key is Win+Shift+E so if you haven't added any of your own, just delete that one from Settings > Customize -> Keys and the problem should go away.

hmmm. since i haven't reboot the computer yet, so i test to delete the global hotkeys in dopus.
exit dopus restart dopus. and it still the same.
i guess RestartViaManager.exe restart dopus. in customize mode make something or cause some issue can't be fixed until the computer reboot.
but never mind now. :joy:
figure out how this issue happen and why, that's enough for me.
i think i'm the only one who will make this happen. :joy:
thanks for the answears Leo & Jon.