Where is lister can i set the files to show by latest date

Been running Opus, and I love the program, but at 73 yrs of age I am having a hard time to find how to change my lister settings, so that when i open a folder, that the files in that folder will display by the latest date, instead of by file name.

If this is shown somewhere, I have to admit I have not been able to find it.

Thank you for any help!

I am evidently not saving my lister correctly, because I can set the date field to show the latest files at the top of the page, and if I go to another folder, those files will also be correctly listed with the newest files at the top, BUT..... when I close Opus, and then re-open it, the files are no longer listed with the newest files at the top. What in the world am I doing wrong???

Folder Formats: Quick Guide should be what you need.

Leo, thank you for the help, but after 2 hours of trying EXACTLY what the "quick guide" said to do, I am thoroughly frustrated.

No matter what I do, when I go from one folder to another, the NAME field changes in length, and I am just about ready to go back to PowerDesk 9.

Is there a way to turn the "lister" feature off, so that ALL of the folders are displayed exactly the same?

I must be missing something here, but I would think that there would be a file that shows all the features of my default lister, so that you guys could tell me what in the world I am doing wrong.

Again, my apologies for coming across as stupid, but I am 73 years old, and I thought I could follow directions fairly well, but the Opus "quick guide" jumps from one area to another. I would think that if I set the name field to the length that I want it, that it would be the same length in ALL of the other folders.

When you're in the Folder Options dialog, go to the Display tab and turn off the Auto-size Columns checkbox.

After doing that, do the Save > For All Folders (etc.) steps as per the guide.

BINGO.... That was it Leo...... turning off the auto-size columns checkbox.

Now if I may ask another question:

The displays are now correct, but I notice that the displays are listed with "TODAY", "LAST WEEK" etc. Is there a way to remove those?

Again, thank you so much for being patient with me!

Turn off the Preferences / Folders / Folder Display / Show day names in date columns if date is within one week option.

Hi Jon, thank you for the quick response, but that did not fix what my problem is. I have attached a .jpg

I hope this works.

I think grouping always works like that (same in Explorer).

The option Jon mentioned affects dates in places like the Modified column.

Hello Travis...

The last item in the View menu is Group By. Change the selection to None.

[quote="leo"]I think grouping always works like that (same in Explorer).

The option Jon mentioned affects dates in places like the Modified column.[/quote]BTW, Leo...

I could not find a reference to the grouping feature in Settings > Preferences. I searched on both Group and Group By, with no joy.

It's not a Preferences setting, it's in Folder Options.

[quote="jon"]It's not a Preferences setting, it's in Folder Options.[/quote]Thanks Jon...

I couldn't find it in the Help file either.

Type grouping into the help file's search box.

[quote="leo"]Type grouping into the help file's search box.[/quote]Thanks Leo...

I was using Group and Group By, but on the Index tab. Once I switched to the Search tab, all became clear.