Where is the meta info for the file sort order located?

I recently reinstalled my computer (I got a computer virus) and I had saved my configuration to use when I reinstalled Directory Opus.

The order of my documents and folders in each folder was sorted in a particular order. This was a big investment in time. I manually sorted a lot of my documents and folders. I made an image drive of my old drive so I can just copy whatever I missed and move it to my new drive. Can you tell me what I would need to do?

It's stored in the NTFS ADS for the folder.

If Preferences / File Operations / Copy Attributes / Copy all NTFS data streams is on when you copy the folder, the data should be copied as well (but only if the destination folder does not already exist).

(note: I had posted the original question you referenced here)

With this, can you recommend as a good way or tool to view the NTFS ADS itself for a given folder? (like is there a good way to open up the associated file that presents the manual sort order as an array or something?)

There are tools to list the ADS stream names and view the raw binary data inside them, but I'm not sure how readable the data would be. (I don't actually know what the data looks like as I haven't worked on this code.)