Why is the color of the taskbar icon yellow in v13 instead of blue, as it was in v12?

I've recently updated to v13, and the color of the icon displayed in the taskbar has changed from blue in v12 to yellow in v13.

In v12:

In v13:

I've checked Preferences / Display / Colors and fonts / File display icon in v12:

and Preferences / Colors and fonts / Directory Opus colors in v13:

and, as you can see, the colors are the same (I'm using a dual lister as always).

I thought I would quickly find some explanation in the forum but I've been unable to find anything.

Thanks.

It works the same in 12 and 13. Your windows must be in different states, or multiple windows are open and the taskbar is grouping them under the main app icon, which is always yellow. Nothing changed here in Opus 13.

Edit: Turns out there is an issue, see below.

Hi.

Thank you for your quick response.

After your answer I've made the following test:

1. Clean Windows Server 2022 virtual machine (i.e., no 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, nothing, just minimal cosmetic adjustments).
  2. Windows Settings / Personalization / Themes / set default Windows theme:
  3. Windows Settings / Personalization / Taskbar / Use small taskbar buttons: off, Combine taskbar buttons: Always, hide labels.
  4. Installation of Directory Opus 13.6, default configuration (i.e. I didn't restore my v12 or v13 config).
  5. This is the icon in the Dopus window (only 1 lister open):
  6. And this is the icon in the taskbar:
  7. Variations of the settings in Windows Settings / Personalization / Taskbar produces no blue icon. In fact, I've tried every setting in the VMs that I think may be related (themes, colors, taskbar settings) to no avail, I'm yet to see a blue icon in v13.
  8. Same test in a Windows 10 clean virtual machine with the same result.
  9. Rebooting makes no difference.
  10. In that same VMs, a default 12.33 installation shows the blue icon with dual listers (Commander, preset, for example) and the yellow icon with single listers (Explorer preset).

I understand that I must have something weird in my config, because if this were a common problem it would've been reported weeks ago, but for the life of me I can't figure out what may be causing this.

Thank you.

Is the program pinned to the taskbar in both tests?

Is grouping turned on on the taskbar?

Does Opus have exactly one dual-display window open?

Those are the main things that affect which icon the taskbar uses.

When do you guys sleep? :grinning:

Is the program pinned to the taskbar in both tests?

No pinning, just a default installation and opening of Dopus right after.

Is grouping turned on on the taskbar?

Windows Settings / Personalization / Taskbar / Combine taskbar buttons: none of the three settings (Always, hide labels / When taskbar is full / Never) makes a difference.

Does Opus have exactly one dual-display window open?

Yes.

Anyway, now I'm thinking maybe I haven't reported this correctly, because, if you pay attention to the screenshot I posted before, it's Dopus window's own icon which is yellow:

In v12, as soon as you press the dual display button, the window's icon turns blue, you don't even have to restart Dopus:

Thank you.

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, there does seem to be something wrong there.

Turning on Preferences / File Displays / Options / Single display Listers have source/destination modes and opening a new window seems to give you the Opus 12 behavior, but maybe it should be a separate option (and it should update existing windows, and have a note in the color prefs if the colors won't be used).

We'll put it on the list. Thanks for the details!

OK, thank you!