Windows 11 & Directory Opus

While I don't expect any cast iron guarantees at this point in time, I am just going to ask whether Directory Opus 12 works OK in Windows 11 or if anyone has already tested it.

I am thinking of upgrading a computer soon and it would be nice to know ahead of time if my favourite file manager is gonna work OK. :slightly_smiling_face: :roll_eyes:

I am a Windows 11 Insider Tester and can confirm that Directory Opus works absolutely fine with Windows 11 in all its current iterations I have tested.

OK. I understand.

Thanks for that info, @DMRoss .

Have been using it since it was first made available to insiders and have not had any problems.

Same--no issues.

And me either. :grinning:

Hello.
I also tested it works but not in priority start

What's priority start? I can't find info on it via searching.

Start it instead of Windows Explorer

Oh, Explorer Replacement. If Windows 11's beta versions are breaking that, be sure to report it to Microsoft so they can fix the OS compatibility issue before release.

1 Like

Well

Ok !

Those start-up settings M-Dom reports as not working are functioning perfectly fine for me in my usage; as I said previously, compatibility is absolutely fine in all current versions. So, there must be something else causing the issue.

Thanks for the feedback, DMRoss.
So far, so good here too.

But I've had some minor Windows 11 problems. Nothing to do with Directory Opus.

The only problem I've noticed with DO and Windows 11 is the OneDrive commands are missing from the context menu. In Windows 10, if you right-click on a OneDrive folder/file, you would see a OneDrive menu that let you do things like "Free up disk space" or "Make available offline".

If I'm working with OneDrive files, I have to go back to the Windows 11 File Explorer.

Otherwise, I've had no other issues with DirectoryOpus.

Have you reported it to Microsoft?

I have actually found a minor issue.

There is a noticeable delay when opening text files using Directory Opus.
I initially thought it was caused by the new UWP Notepad app, but it doesn't occur using Explorer.